• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly wonder how long it takes him to "restore" a radio that has no known issues?? Is it worth the cost? Or is he just another take your money type?? I am no tech and don't know what all goes into what he is doing to the radio being shown above. But for the money he wants you could buy another radio could you not?? Seems like he takes advantage of people. But that could just be me. Like I said, IDK what goes into a restoration of a working radio. Wouldn't that be more like upkeep or maintaining your radio rather than restoring it as to what he is doing? As he said the radio works. Glad I don't send any of my stuff his way!!
hes way overpriced... he tried to charge me 300.00 (he lowered it to 180.00 after i bitched a fit) to redo a Johnson 4740 mobile and it came back to me still not fixed... Ill never do business with him ever again. I can see spending that much on an HF rig but NOT a 40 CH CB set........

Sure enough. Someone pointed me to his live stream and I could not have hit pay dirt if I wanted to.
He had some Cobra 29 from Hawaii that a customer sent back.
And he is cussing and carrying on.... "how the f--k am I supposed to fix it man"
"I left here working i don't know what to tell you man f--k this s--t"

"Let me heat the radio up"

Then he runs a toy piano into the thing for nearly 10 minutes.
Then he feels the back and sides and says "the audio chip is hot! the audio chip is the problem!"
You just ran the thing in TX for damn near 10 minutes with a high pitched shriek into the mic!
Of course it will be hot!

Then he picks up his camera and tells the customer that he is replacing the audio amplifier because he ran the thing in TX for ever and a day and it got hot. That's what the problem is.

Then he tells the customer he put an old audio chip in the radio because he didn't have a new one. But I am betting he replaced that chip that was probably working with a new one.....
"I hope this fixes it so I am going to send it in the box with a cobra 2000 because I am broke and need money"

Proceeded with screaming "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddiiiiiiiiiooooooo" for 10 minutes.

Then he runs that damned piano into it for 10 more minutes!

"F--K! It's getting hot! same thing as last time!"
YOU THINK?

*touches solder side of pcb to make fart noises*

Screams "audio" for several minutes again.

Runs it into the piano for another 10 minutes!
"F--k it's hot!"

Records video... says he had it keyed down for 3 minutes, but it was a lot longer.
complains to the stream. whines about what the f--k is is supposed to do.
whines that it's not his fault... it's the customer. but he never said that in the video he made for the customer obviously. complains for 10 more minutes....
Every other word is a f--k or s--t.

If there were not real customers involved it would be funny.
And his gratuitous use of expletives.
And his little piano.

I am officially blown away.

Hence why you should never do drugs.... LOL!! I have seen his videos and noticed lately he has disabled the comments.. Hmm whats up with that?

Timmah refused my call.
Then I tried to skype. Refused that too.

Yet he tells me to "grow some balls" and call him.

No... he wouldn't take my calls.

I decided to call him to see if he would go on the Rakish news network with me but he refused. So looks like RNN won't get any Timmy action either.

I figured that Rakish would love to hear what Timmy has to say about ripping his customers off.

Reactions: KD2GOE
Latest one is up.
The mysterious case of Timmys radios are now customer radios.
Or... he just needed radios to inflate his numbers.

There is a bigger bashing on mauldroppers as I understand.

I like the comment on the latest video.
That guy simply did the math to prove the backlog is bullshit.

Just the numbers that get thrown out there by snake boy don't pass the smell test.

peakaboo shut the sign ups off due to a disgruntled ex member that threaten to crush the site...
which seems hes not as good as he claimed he was because its still there ..
peakaboo will allow you to sign up if you contact him on facebook

yes the thread on MD is twice the size of this one and lots of juicy stuff in it about timmy
actually its epic
and been running for over 2 years and updated every day

anymore info and you will have to pay me in gold teeth and butter scotch cookies

Why is it that i can't seem to find any sympathy in me for anybody sending their rigs into snake radio.

They watch the videos flicking around like he's wanking & filming & talking shit at the same time, They like what they see & hear,
They send them in,

Its the way nature intended, stupid is genetic not something you learn,
I prefer to keep those three activities separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.