• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Summer has arrived!!

It's views like that pic that convinced me as a very young man to want to move to the mountains. Took a while, and not the mountain range I originally wanted, but I did it. Our summer is running cooler than normal so far as well in AZ. Expecting that to change in the next two weeks or so. Hoping we won't hit 100 here, but that hope is fading fast.
The beauty of Yosemite is sometimes overshadowed by the traffic.
I got this alert at 9:00AM.
Best days to go are the middle of the week, not weekends and not holidays.

Jeff
Screenshot_20230701-091529~2.png

I much Prefer Winter here in Florida but we have ZERO control over the weather at any time so I just accept whatever we get. The Heat Index has been well over 100 Degrees for over a week here in North Florida & it's not even getting started yet. It will get worse but we have a great AC in our home so it's not an issue. My wife & I are both Retired so we can stay out of whatever weather we have.

M

maybe not nearly that much....
View attachment 64427
I had to respond: AIRPLANE is one of my all-time favorites. During a perticularly hot Portland OR summer several years ago, when movie theaters were "pay once, stay as long as you want". Since it was a well-cooled theater I did just that. The second feature playing was "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"! Never laughed so long in my life. And I had to see both movies twice because the rest of the audience and I had been laughing so hard and so loudly that we missed several of the side-splitters!

I think it was around 4-5 days ago we finally reached 100 degrees here in NW Arizona. Two days ago I saw 111 on the weather station.
Up here in the not all that high country we hit 100 over the weekend. Looks like we'll do it again next week, too. Hotter than I'd like, but at least it's not Valley of the Sun(stroke) hot.

We are finally hitting the 90s but haven't hit the real high humidity yet. But it is only early July so time to get the ACs ready to rock and roll. I did get a chance to pull a tick off of me from mowing 2 properties. I wonder how I got away this long without getting one of those nasty critters !

Last edited:
88° outside, humidity is running 27% at the moment so it's not bad at all.
It's in the lower 80's up in the park at Yosemite village.
Tuolumne Meadows in Eastern Yosemite on Monday was just awesome!

Jeff
View attachment 64480
Oh Yes, I'm so very jealous.
What a beautiful piece of the world you live in, brother.
Enjoy!!

88° outside, humidity is running 27% at the moment so it's not bad at all.
It's in the lower 80's up in the park at Yosemite village.
Tuolumne Meadows in Eastern Yosemite on Monday was just awesome!

Jeff
View attachment 64480
We have the same temp here but 56% humidity so you can still work & play outside. But got my kitchen portable AC hooked up and ready to do battle plus keep the blinds closed to keep the sun outside. LOL PS our lawn has recovered from a early dry spell and my new seedings are beautiful.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.