• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Summer has arrived!!

July 2023

Jeff
Yosemite July 702251.png
Yosemite July 1127.png
Yosemite July 91502.png
Yosemite July 302117.png
Yosemite July 56491.png

Beautiful place! I see pictures like this and immediately I want to sell the house, pack up and move here. BUT... Reality sets in when I see the snow. I'm highly allergic to the white fluff and the freezing temperatures. So I calm down and put this place in a soon to be vacation destination!

This year is epic, I have not seen water flows like this in decades and it really brings out the beauty of the falls.
The Merced River is roaring and everything is still nice and green.
It's like living anywhere else, pros and cons.
Being less than a hour from the park is a plus but it has other challenges.

Glad you enjoy the pics.

Jeff

The past several years, we've seen very unusual weather. From sub zero temps, causing power outages and deaths, to long stretches of extreme heat, causing even more deaths. This year, for example, we started seeing triple digit heat on June 9th and are expected to continue this trend for at least the next 2 to 3 weeks. This Wednesday, August 9 will mark 60 days of triple digits, with a few exceptions.
Yes, we normally have high temps during the summer months but the number of extreme heat days have been increasing substantially!

Have you noticed any changes in your local weather?

This week..

Screenshot (699).png

The past several years, we've seen very unusual weather. From sub zero temps, causing power outages and deaths, to long stretches of extreme heat, causing even more deaths. This year, for example, we started seeing triple digit heat on June 9th and are expected to continue this trend for at least the next 2 to 3 weeks. This Wednesday, August 9 will mark 60 days of triple digits, with a few exceptions.
Yes, we normally have high temps during the summer months but the number of extreme heat days have been increasing substantially!

Have you noticed any changes in your local weather?

This week..

View attachment 64960
Yes we are having a different weather pattern here than your area. Our summer hasn't been as hot as usual and we are getting more rain than normal so we keep busy mowing grass more than normal. Had a small tornado touch down just North/East of us which this area doesn't see much of. Mother Nature is agree. PS. Just read tomorrow is a high of 68 degrees, can't recall seeing that in Aug.

Last edited:
The first week i was home was triple digit heat which isn't that unusual but the last 3 days we've had a little over 4 inches of ran and highs in the 90s the rain is a nice surprise usually this is the drought season. Last year was the worst drought in 40 years for my area so we'll take the rain for sure. The grass has already started to green up now I'll have to cut the grass

The first week i was home was triple digit heat which isn't that unusual but the last 3 days we've had a little over 4 inches of ran and highs in the 90s the rain is a nice surprise usually this is the drought season. Last year was the worst drought in 40 years for my area so we'll take the rain for sure. The grass has already started to green up now I'll have to cut the grass
What area are you working in now?

What area are you working in now?
West Alexander PA, when i get back we should be rigging down and stacking out. We'll work in the yard helping with maintenance and some upgrades until December or maybe the first of the year. The good thing about SWN is when they stack your rig they do their best to keep everyone working, and you keep your normal hourly pay rate. You might get sent somewhere as an extra hand but it beats unemployment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.