• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 32 ?/ and is Bells cb going downhill?

I remember that back in the day. Way out of my price range... $1200..
1491789285060696810495.jpg

I think that's what he's done. The dx3200 didn't say sweet sixteen on the face. It had 4 switches but they all had different functions.
Purchased from Jason at Jokerman Electronics. It came with the original face plate, it was left of due to slight scratches. The last of its kind from Texas Star, brand new built by Ed owner of Galaxy Radio with the last remaining lids.

Attachments

• 18424255_1457473660970703_8868803644623416154_n.jpg
    18424255_1457473660970703_8868803644623416154_n.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 148
  • 18424255_1457473660970703_8868803644623416154_n.jpg
    18424255_1457473660970703_8868803644623416154_n.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 41
Jason at Jokerman Electronics is my best mate, and the type of guy that would take a bullet for his mates. A very kind hearted generous guy that genuinely thinks of others.

Purchased from Jason at Jokerman Electronics. It came with the original face plate, it was left of due to slight scratches. The last of its kind from Texas Star, brand new built by Ed owner of Galaxy Radio with the last remaining lids.

At 2:45 in the video he says to make sure both SSB delays are turned on to talk SSB. He didn't say anything about the faceplate being wrong.

The original faceplate doesn't look that bad. Why would anyone replace it with with 2 sweet 16 plates. Who ever did that didn't even put them on straight.

The video looks like someone crammed 2 sweet sixteens together and didn't wire the switches to function like a 3200. Then sold it as a new old stock 3200. Probably at a premium price for such a rare amp.

jokerman is a good name for him. he is a joke.
he should get a man size scope. and stop trashing others.
i've had a few radios on my bench. like i said he is a joke.

18301190_1455738827810853_7031603563199600246_n.jpg
ts_dx3200_pic10.jpg
The Viking has always been two sweet sixteens joined teogether as you can see in the pics, top pic my new purchase and bottom pic CB tricks web page. and no it was not sold at a premium price, I was looked after with mates rates courtesy of Jason Lewis at Jokerman Electronics (LEGEND IN MY BOOKS). As previously stated it was built by Ed at texas star with the last remaing parts . I couldnt be any happier with my purchase as I have always wanted a viking . Cheers Stevo 931 Melbourne Australia.

Last edited:
View attachment 20716 View attachment 20718 The Viking has always been two sweet sixteens joined teogether as you can see in the pics, top pic my new purchase and bottom pic CB tricks web page. and no it was not sold at a premium price, I was looked after with mates rates courtesy of Jason Lewis at Jokerman Electronics (LEGEND IN MY BOOKS). As previously stated it was built by Ed at texas star with the last remaing parts . I couldnt be any happier with my purchase as I have always wanted a viking . Cheers Stevo 931 Melbourne Australia.

Last remaining parts? I suppose those parts are the cover and the faceplate you aren't using? All of the larger Texas Star amps are all made by combining boards, the viking was no different. The dx 500 is 2 dx350 boards, they use 4 for a sweet 16 and 8 for the viking.

All I'm asking is why jokerman says you have to turn on both SSB delay switches. Is jokerman confused by the faceplate or does he not understand how the unit operates? I can't imagine why someone would wire in 2 ssb delay switches.

Reactions: LeapFrog
Really? It looks garage built. Not saying I could do better but not professional at all.
Minus the faceplate, it does look professional on the outside, almost like a production unit; (because that's what it is).. :eek:
Jokerman did not assemble it himself.

Edit: Nice internal pics
I'm not going to make fun of him. He could have been born with disability or have been in a serious accident. Maybe a stroke.
Agreed, no point in bashing anyone online. (it's counter-productive)

Last edited:
I dont think he's a competent tech at all. I will continue to criticize his work and pick apart what he says just no personal attacks.

On old man got back on the radio last year after a stroke. A couple of drunks were laughing about his slurred speech saying he must be drunk or retarded.

Reactions: jon666 and LeapFrog
I dont think he's a competent tech at all. I will continue to criticize his work and pick apart what he says just no personal attacks.

On old man got back on the radio last year after a stroke. A couple of drunks were laughing about his slurred speech saying he must be drunk or retarded.
I have an operator near me that the same thing happened to, I get infuriated when people make fun of him, technical details aside.
We all start somewhere, and not all get to the same place.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.