• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Grant XL best ever who else thinks so

i beg to differ, psycho. the mods for the xl/148 works just fine on the 296 & gen'l sherman as well. the 296 uses SOME cheaper/smaller parts(pots, wire, slugs, etc-you CAN see the difference), & the sherman-even cheaper yet with some plastic, etc. for that matter, i've done some china-built 148's that are cheaply made too, & the resulting modded radio(296/gen'l/148) is far superior in receive & QUALITY xmit then a comparable export. i have noticed the 296 seems to swing BIG-in PEP mode-with little modding, while it takes some more work to get an XL to swing like that. rms being equal, however, i don't notice ANY perceived difference in xmit between an xl & 296. both are 'king of the cb's.

No other radio I have ever tried out will eliminate the "all over five up and five down" jerkweed two channels away from my recieve like flipping the NB/ANL switch down one notch on my XL does.
PERIOD

ill just add this, I just got a grant xl in yesterday. I have a ford gas pickup and the injector noise is usally terrible on any radio I put it. The nb/anl ckt on this grant takes out the injector noise like its not even there!! and the rx so far, cant be beat! This is the best radio I think!! Maybe thats why I keep going back to them. I have had one before and missed it ever since, I have had newer 148's and older 148's, I seem to like this one the best.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.