• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WDX CB DX 24 Hour Club Contest Dec. 13th (UTC)

I heard about the same as you Ratso. Earlier all I heard was Mexico all morning and some Europe, but they were in and out and I got no responses...even with my hootenater on. I have made a couple of contacts and I will call for you 228.

Right now I hear a lot of people talking at the same time on 40 lsb but can't pick out any WDX calls. 10 meters is jumping with some contest going on and I'm having no problem making contacts with 12 watts pep on an HTX-100. In theory 11 should be just as good.

Right now I hear a lot of people talking at the same time on 40 lsb but can't pick out any WDX calls. 10 meters is jumping with some contest going on and I'm having no problem making contacts with 12 watts pep on an HTX-100. In theory 11 should be just as good.

I don't think there are more than about a dozen or so working the contest. Maybe our new prefix (NWX) is getting confused with the World Wide bunch when we say it on the air.

I've had a lot of contacts that I don't think were registered on the WWDX forum.

No contacts at all here today. 40lsb was a total zoo here around central FL. Mexico City lol!! Tried a few times calling cq and heard a couple people but couldn't make contact.

Down at the southernmost point on the mainland U.S., channels 37 - 40 on 11 meters were hopping. California, Indiana, Iowa, New York,Michigan, Ontario, Texas, Kansas: it ebbed and flowed, but it all came in.

Propagation was all over the place yesterday. I was able to hear Marconi, 208 and 1031 all within the same 30 second period and then they were gone and all I heard was an s7 in noise and spanish speakers.

This morning 10 meters is hopping this morning with the ARRL 10 meter contest.

40lsb was dead in texas except for some guy bitching about another guy and how he:rolleyes: was going to shut him down...

That must have been later on, because I heard that guy too and after about 3:00PM I did not make any contacts either. Conditions were just like someone predicted in a thread on sun spot conditions yesterday...his graph was right on the mark as I recall.

I was using my 1/2 wave, Shakespeare-built but sold-by-Radio Shack, 30+ year old fiberglass base station antenna with a stock Uniden PC 122 and a mobile power mic that has no manufacturer identification on it.

Since I live in South America, everyone in the US who contacts me gets a 3x multiplier?? Do I get a multiplier for CONUS/Canada contacts??

Is there an 11 meter CB band allocation in Colombia? I know lots of countries in Latin America either formally or informally allow use of the U.S. 40 channel allocation.

I was getting a lot of chatter on both frequencies, but no WDX calls. I tried calling CQ WDX several times with no replies. Turned on the amp, and had a lot of comebacks, but no WWDX members.

Is there an 11 meter CB band allocation in Colombia? I know lots of countries in Latin America either formally or informally allow use of the U.S. 40 channel allocation.

Yes, Colombia has been issuing licenses for CB radio operation for about 10 years. Pretty much they follow the US cb rules, except they allow FM operation, and the maximum power limit is 50 watts. Frequency range is the same as the US. You apply, pay the fee (there is ALWAYS a fee here) and the license is issued, no test required. Only requirement is that you are Colombian citizen or a permanent resident. I applied for my license about a month ago, but am still waiting to receive it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.