• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Amazes me why someone would spend so much of their money just to come to LSB38 to constantly play police sirens.
It has more to do about them, than it does others. They have issues and need help. It seems they've never progressed past the schoolyard antics. Sometimes I see my Father in law do this type of crap on Facebook. Tries to stir up shit for his own enjoyment, and I don't cut him any slack! This kind of behavior is total BS.

Last edited:
The keyboard commandos on the internet and jerks on the radio have mental issues for sure. I don't have facebook, so I don't have to deal with that bs. I've got plenty of locals on the radio, and I squelch out the ass hats when they miss their meds and grab a mic. But I'll be checking throughout the day and maybe catch a forum member on the air if the conditions allow it.

Channel 37 Dx was crazy different today. 15 minutes of total silence followed by 15 minutes of skip so loud that I had to pull the headphones off. This way all day and into the night. During those in-between times had some great QSOs with stations in New York City, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Blueberry Hill (?) Ontario, California, Wyoming, and British Colombia. Tried repeated calls for BC Coyote 23 West Coast of Canada, but no cigar. 15 solid contacts over a 3 hour time span. Could have scored a lot more but had the give my amp time to cool. Only trouble with a TX600 5-pill is its small heat sink. 4 fans - two on top (4") and one on each side (2") and still can't keep up with the heat. But, in my opinion, the best 5-pill amp out there.

- J.J. 399

I brought my stuff in from the shed to my room in the house because it was getting so hot out there during the day. I have a 50" monitor on the wall here for my PC, and every time I key the radio it fritzzes out the monitor. I thought it was done for yesterday but finally come back on. Not to mention all the background for my D104 to be picking up. I miss my shed. I think I better get a A/C going out there. Also had to add 100' of coax to get in here, swr is still good but doesn't seem to be getting out very well.

Just turned on my Ranger for a few minutes before I head to lunch with my dad and Son, absolutely quiet on 38 LSB up my way at the moment, might be on after 2pm on 38 and 16 LSB, hope everyone has a great Sunday ahead!!
Haven't heard a peep out of anybody, even 6 AM is deader than a door nail. Of coarse I haven't heard anybody around here on AM in a long time !

22:10EST last night in Ohio, the old bct7 pulled in somebody on 36. turned out to be Nova Scotia, but i couldn't get through. turned it off. checked the swpc, saw we got a small flare, and threw out a cq on 37lsb. guy in Carolina came back, then the band went nuts till 23:00est. almost every AM channel was out of the Carolinas, from 1 up to 40, besides 36-39lsb. several very nice people. first time i have heard great conditions here for months, even though they didn'tlast long. mostly just been hit and miss E skip lately

Nothing but static all day here. It's not very often we get a whole day with nothing at all ! And I had so much time today..............
Tomorrow when I'm working and far from the radio conditions will probably be great :rolleyes:

Reactions: whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Length on matching stubs is critical...Length of rods is part of the overall antenna...Would appear antenna is too Long...same on Both Polarities or different?
  • @ Crawdad:
    Here's a thought: Could the length of the SS welding rod need to be different than what the broken rod(s) were due to a different Velocity Factor of SS?
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Close to the same. Thats the rout I was going. But needed a second opinion. Thanks cranking the hazer up and down testing was getting to an old man. Upper 90s here. Cheers 297 The red dog north Alabama.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Maybe. I wasn’t impressed with just clamping the shield wire to the boom with a hose clamp. I built a l bracket with so239 female hubs. I posted a picture on the recent gallery’s.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Well I cut the matching stubs down 1 inch at a time from about 20” down to 6”. Still no real changes.