• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Forgot to disconnect the antenna, so went own to the shack about 9:30. Fired up the Rig and swung the antenna to the Southwest and talked with Tom 4WR001 in New Zealand. Nice 10 minute QSO. Then caught Victor Mike 00 also out of new Zealand for a short hookup. They said I was hitting them with 5-9 on their meters. They were only 3 on my meter, but good audio. First New Zealand contacts in a long time. Nice.

- J.J. 399

Everything was dead today. Nothing but static. Then I heard 605 out of South Texas come booming in on 27.385 lsb. Never said what kind of radio he was running, but said he was doing 300 watts into a 5-element Gizmotchy on the flat side. When we got our antennas pointed at each other solid 5-7 and we had a nice long QSO. Came back down to the shack around 6pm and hooked up with the Hawaiian Islands. Triple Zero Richard on the Island of Maui was getting over the static enough for me to understand everything he was saying. Then I hooked up with 506 BOB in Honolulu. He was 3 S-units and well above the static. 148GTL that he,"got out of an old fishing boat." into a 1/2 wave wire dipole on the flat side.
Other than those three contacts . . . NADA. Really proud of my 139XLR. Even in the crappiest conditions she gets out. Hopefully tommorrow will be better. 73s

- J.J. 399
7300 icom, last radio i heard him say he was runnin (605 texas)

Reactions: unit_399
Conditions up here have been worse than bad for a couple weeks now. It's OK.....I was away for a while, now I'm home enjoying the sun, the beach, biking, boating etc. etc.

After all, it is summer time, the weather is warm and sunny, and the dark dingy shop where the radios live just isn't very appealing right now (especially when there's nobody to talk to anyways LOL) !

@unit_399 isn't an easy trip. If you made contact, that's a win!
And I agree, he's been sounding top shelf lately.
runnin the blue face CRT on low power, i guess trying to prove to myself that power isn't required. much easier to do on upper sideband where there isn't any traffic. all about those conditions. keeping the meter south of 15w on peaks.

Good afternoon WDX members, just thought I'd fire up my Ranger and at the moment I'm on 38 LSB listening,as I'm on vacation until July 29th,So nice to have some radio time and spend time also with my Dad and rest up also, hopefully make some contacts out there........
Wishing you some nice relaxation, family time, and that you can get some big DX!

I seem to be experiencing a little up-swing in DX coming in lately. Don't want to brag because it will drop out from under me. Did hear Southern Cal. come in on my DX 2547 while I was bathing this morning and it sounded strong. That is a first to hear that area for me on the base. I think I have to check it out a little more but seems I have to turn up the modulation a little more on the DX 2547. Made a contact on my barefoot DX 979 while I was running to a cemetery for clean up work, but can't remember what state they were from. Been a couple days that I have seen a little more action on the radio but too many projects lined up to get involved. Cross the old fingers it last. I'm a dreamer ! LOL

Good afternoon WDX members, just thought I'd fire up my Ranger and at the moment I'm on 38 LSB listening,as I'm on vacation until July 29th,So nice to have some radio time and spend time also with my Dad and rest up also, hopefully make some contacts out there........
Are you seeing any upswing in DX ? Your not that far from me. I probably pass right by you when I go to Carlisle.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Bandit1:
    Hey guys I been out a while
  • @ Naysayer:
    ARRL paid ransom for their files back from s hack attack? Todays Amateur thread Reddit
  • @ Naysayer:
    In middle of an antenna job. Misplaced paperwork on purchased balun. It's a 1:1 current balun for a dipole that I disconnected a while ago. I purchased the balun from Canadian company where one input connection has a Red Dot. That for the center of coax, right?