• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

no radioing this weekend. daughter and son in law here sunday and today got a date with a deere. full afternoon of hayfield. least it has very cold acView attachment 69476View attachment 69477
Ahh the smell of fresh cut hay, I remember those days.
Right out of high school I worked for Producers, feeding green cut Hay, cutting corn for Silage, cutting, raking and baleing alfalfa.
I bucked my share of hay bales back in the day.

Jeff

(Air Conditioning on a tractor? You live the good life, we were lucky to get a umbrella back then in the summer)

Right out of high school I worked for Producers, feeding green cut Hay, cutting corn for Silage, cutting, raking and baleing alfalfa.

Jeff

(Air Conditioning on a tractor? You live the good life, we were lucky to get a umbrella back then in the summer)
That brings home the old days when we put it in the barn loose or bales that I thought weighed more than me. Cow manure was the fragrance drifting threw the neighborhood. Told myself back then I wouldn't be a farmer, only because of the Manure. My step granddad did everything the old hard way. BY HAND !

That brings home the old days when we put it in the barn loose or bales that I thought weighed more than me.
I think they weighted more than me too, and Willie, the old guy that ran the boom truck could make or break your day depending on the mood he was in.
And there is nothing like the smell of Corn Silage and Molasses after it has fermented for a while.
Ah to be young again.......

And there is nothing like the smell of Corn Silage and Molasses after it has fermented for a while.
Ah to be young again.......
We had to go in the silo & hand fork that corn silage out of the port and some times you would get a blast of that fermented gas. I didn't mind the hard work it was hand shoveling the manure out of the drop and onto a stone bolt to be drug out and hand spread on the fields. He even had a team of horses he did a lot of work with. But I will say I have the only IH Farmall Super A he ever bought and she purrs like a kitten. I put one heck of a lot of money in it but is part of my history and I'd probably Cry to see it go down the road.

Conditions in my part of the world were great for a few hours after lunch. I made a lot of contacts and had several good qso's. Just before it slowed, I heard @unit_399 call my numbers. You were sounding Top Shelf as usual. Thank you for the qso, my friend. We seem to make that connection fairly regular lately.

73's
Late morning and early afternoon it was like I had a direct pipeline into Texas. 7 good QSOs some old friends in the LoneStar. Brother Dxer 226's Ranger was booming into Colombia. Always good to talk to you my friend. Maybe again tomorrow. 73s

- J.J.

Jeff

my first was a 1936 john deere B on steel wheels. drive that on hard road n you learned fast to stand knees bent driving

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Naysayer:
    ARRL paid ransom for their files back from s hack attack? Todays Amateur thread Reddit
  • @ Naysayer:
    In middle of an antenna job. Misplaced paperwork on purchased balun. It's a 1:1 current balun for a dipole that I disconnected a while ago. I purchased the balun from Canadian company where one input connection has a Red Dot. That for the center of coax, right?
  • @ wavrider:
    whats up