• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

Worked late today so I had a different time slot to check the world of ssb. 38 was a total mess of music, noise toys and propaganda..... Not what I was hoping to catch.

Checked around on other freqs and not much happening but some very distant voices.

It's starting to come back around so that's a good sign.

View attachment 70023
Boy, I hope its not going to all that garbage on LSB

DX was strong into Colombia yesterday late morning thru early afternoon. East Coast, West Coast, Canada, Europe all booming in.
Then something strange happened. As I was having a QSO with 3808 Northern Cal, my receive started fluctuating wildly. His signal was going back and forth rapidly from S7+ to S2-3. I told 3808 what was happening and he said my signal was 100% steady on his end. I told him I was going to standby while I checked everything out. Everything looked good but my receive continued to bounce around. Several stations chimed in saying my signal sounded fine. I went to other channels - 36, 38,39, 40 and receive on them was fine. Back on 37LSB, same fluctuations. Half an hour later 37LSB receive was fine. Must have been Mother Nature, but I have never experienced this situation before. Especially on just one channel. Weird!

Anybody else experience this yesterday ??

- J.J. 399

Hi JJ, i noticed the same thing a few days ago. I was sure i had a loose antenna connection and even watched my swr meter closely while i keyed up on am to see if there was any fluctuation which there was not. I thought maybe i was seeing some cross channel from a station and nothing either. Weird indeed.
73, 426 Ontario Canada

DX was strong into Colombia yesterday late morning thru early afternoon. East Coast, West Coast, Canada, Europe all booming in.
Then something strange happened. As I was having a QSO with 3808 Northern Cal, my receive started fluctuating wildly. His signal was going back and forth rapidly from S7+ to S2-3. I told 3808 what was happening and he said my signal was 100% steady on his end. I told him I was going to standby while I checked everything out. Everything looked good but my receive continued to bounce around. Several stations chimed in saying my signal sounded fine. I went to other channels - 36, 38,39, 40 and receive on them was fine. Back on 37LSB, same fluctuations. Half an hour later 37LSB receive was fine. Must have been Mother Nature, but I have never experienced this situation before. Especially on just one channel. Weird!

Anybody else experience this yesterday ??

- J.J. 399
Hey JJ, I heard you and the California station. Your signal went from booming to in the mud and eventually back to booming. I just figured it was the way DX goes, although the California station was booming the whole time. You guys couldn't hear me, but I did make contact with Arizona.

73 & 51

Hey JJ, I heard you and the California station. Your signal went from booming to in the mud and eventually back to booming. I just figured it was the way DX goes,

73 & 51
It must have been the conditions. 1st thing I did was look at my SWR. 1.2 - 1..3 the entire time. My AC and DC voltage monitors were rock steady. Put the Cobra on the bench last night and it checked 100%. I guess Mother Nature does some strange things sometimes.
- J.J.

Today's ride home was an active one. A nice qso with 010 on the big island then 99 Jamaica and a few others in the carrabian. Then a contact out of Kansas city who said he though I was local. Weird short distance skip that was completely unexpected.

Slowly I've about got the station up and can spend more time on dx.

It's been a slow process. Sadly I feel like Boeing, over budget, behind schedule and still not a working station :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.