• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

DX propagation has finally arrived in my region (500 miles north of Montana). Seems I'm located at the end of the line before the sunspots start to kick in. Yes, I've been talking with you guys down in the USA for awhile ... but you are just neighbours. Ho-hum every day talking over the fence.

Yesterday (Sunday) was a spectacular day for international DX. Contacts were easily made into Europe during the afternoon. Last cycle this never occurred and Europe usually disappeared by noon. As the day progressed, South American started to speak up but they can do better and will. Pacific region starting to show up as well with Australia, Japan and Oceania.

Woo-Hoo! More time to play radio. Oh, I'll still peek over the fence and talk to my neighbours in the USA when I can. Hi Hi!

@Klondike Mike - Do you remember what freq. you heard the Japanese DX coming in on?

I get Australia and Hawaii every day/night but haven't talked to Japan in a couple of decades on 11 meters. Maybe S. Texas is too far south. I need to dust of my Japanese with some QSO's (lived there 40+ years ago).

Mushi mushi, mushi mushi, sumimasen desu keddo, chotto hanashite mo i desu ka. Ja, nihongo de hanishimasho ka.

This evening the band was wide open here and I worked the upper side of 11 meters for for a couple of hours solid. As @Brother DXer says, my hand was cramping from keying down so much :ROFLMAO:!

I had the chance to get that q6 pro hot enough to fry bacon and it just kept on going.

We'll call it a very successful evening in the world of dx

This evening the band was wide open here and I worked the upper side of 11 meters for for a couple of hours solid. As @Brother DXer says, my hand was cramping from keying down so much :ROFLMAO:!

I had the chance to get that q6 pro hot enough to fry bacon and it just kept on going.

We'll call it a very successful evening in the world of dx
Got to put some fans on it.

Attachments

• P1060158.JPG
    P1060158.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P1060159.JPG
    P1060159.JPG
    491.2 KB · Views: 9
  • P1060160.JPG
    P1060160.JPG
    475.2 KB · Views: 9