• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

This mornin i was parked on 31.heard bleedover.went to 32. 359g,uncle joe and brad in west south carolina.we had a nice chat.we were all gettin full signal clear voices.was great way to start monday mornin on dads birthday.if he was alive he would be 101 n today is my daughters 3rd anniversery.
If dad was here he woulda took the mic n joined in.miss you dad

I removed the radio from the car when temps started soaring around here but today it's back in for the weekend. I've tried calling cq and get nothing, nothing but static in the receiver as well.
About the same here and if I get lucky and hear something when I call out on the base or mobile I get no answer. Frustration+

Reactions: Rwb
Checked on conditions a few minutes ago and had a qso with DA161 Queensland Australia. Then "poof" conditions were gone.
Just called out for you on 38 LSB hoping to make contact this evening,I made contact with Unit #237 out of Wisconsin just a few minutes ago and conditions are are slowly getting better at the moment up here,Not sure how long will last......

Just called out for you on 38 LSB hoping to make contact this evening,I made contact with Unit #237 out of Wisconsin just a few minutes ago and conditions are are slowly getting better at the moment up here,Not sure how long will last......
Conditions all seem to be coming from down under right now. Had another qso with 001 New Zealand a few minutes ago. I haven't heard anymore from the northeast.

Been bizarre here the last few days. The latest solar flare seems to only be letting in very very distant skip at strange hours. Talked to 4570 Tasmania last night near midnight. He was the only station I could hear on the band and he said he was only hearing me and a couple stations from Oregon. For a place to distant I talk to Tasmania surprisingly often.
Also heard Patagonia (The southern tip of South America) and South Africa in the last couple days.
Nothing from the U.S. or Canada other than a wee bit of Florida yesterday, but I did hear several Jamaican stations on 27.515 LSB with hurricane talk yesterday. Long discussion about wind speed and flooding in Kingston, island wide power outage, emergency shelters etc. Plus of course talk about whose antenna survived the hurricane and whose didn't !

id try but we had lightning last nite. unhooked n thinkin in a bit id hook er up

Reactions: unit_399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m