• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Washington Mobile Radio?

S4 background noise? Nice one.
This comes with propagation. If you prefer dead band conditions just wait a few more years. Then your S Meter will lay flat on your vintage radios.
O wait....You can adjust them vintage radios S Meter VR to already do that .

This comes with propagation.
That's total BS. Even when conditions are booming, if I find a clear frequency my noise level is less than 1 S unit. Same noise level I have when there's no conditions at all.
Propagation doesn't increase the noise level by itself.................

My station is located right behind some businesses along the local highway. My noise floor is normally between s5 to s7 so the noise reduction on the receive is a welcome feature. One day while I was listening, their junk must have broke because the noise floor went to zero. I had to go outside to make sure my antenna didn't fall down. :ROFLMAO:

My noise floor is normally between s5 to s7
Ouch. That would suck. I occasionally have up to s9 from dirty powerline insulators. They act up during windy and wet weather.
I use an MFJ-1026 and it takes the s 9 down to s 1 easily. It requires a noise pickup antenna and is touchy to adjust, but works really well to eliminate noise that's coming from a single source.
I suspect a unit such as that might be a viable solution to your noise problems.....
The MFJ one is the cheapest, but there is also one made by TimeWave that is very good.

Ouch. That would suck. I occasionally have up to s9 from dirty powerline insulators. They act up during windy and wet weather.
I use an MFJ-1026 and it takes the s 9 down to s 1 easily. It requires a noise pickup antenna and is touchy to adjust, but works really well to eliminate noise that's coming from a single source.
I suspect a unit such as that might be a viable solution to your noise problems.....
The MFJ one is the cheapest, but there is also one made by TimeWave that is very good.
I actually have the MFJ, I should probably hook it up. Haha!

Reactions: BC Coyote
What does the extra $130 provide over the Anytone 5555n2 besides just 12 meter capability?
Nothing that I can see. That price is $535 Canadian which is just a ridiculous price to pay for a glorified CB radio. .........
I won't be buying any more President radios. Friend bought a Lincoln 2+ recently and has had problems with it. No way will I spend a half grand plus shipping for a potential lemon.

Reactions: Riverman
Okay, I’m lost.
What does the extra $130 provide over the Anytone 5555n2 besides just 12 meter capability?
It has the President logo on the front........

Seriously, President started demanding high prices long ago.
Early on they were affordable radios but today they want premium $$$

Jeff

Last edited:
I'm not interested in this one either, just following the thread and reporting my findings. It looks nice and has neat functions but it's too high in cost imo.

Repeater functions, more power and bands is how they're promoting it I guess.

I'll wait for the q6 pro in it's smaller footprint and ability to use a microphone suited for the big truck. It'll replace the 447hpc2 and give solid ssb performance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Bueller?
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.