• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

New President Washington Mobile Radio?

I thought of the 93T as well. The twin turbine it said on the faceplate, I never got to own one but heard them on the big road. The good o'l days.

Did you come up with those yourself or is that the kit from president?
I had some fans laying around and the fit perfect they are 40mm
Are those fans pushing or pulling?
They are pushing i have them set @95 degrees once it reaches that they kick on

The heat sink is drilled for one fan in the center also if you only have one 40mm fan laying around. Also some weight has been added to the stock mic that ships with the Washington that gives it a very nice feel compared to the non weighted stock mic.

I am already seeing guys on the FB groups posting about:

"I adjusted the modulation and now FM will not work.
Or
No one can understand me after I turned SSB power up
Or
Can someone share the factory numbers for the service menu, I accidentally changed something and now I have no RX."

I guess someone has to be first to brick a new radio....
Jeff

I can appreciate the work he put in, but was it worth it. Mine is just turned up and not all the way and he only has 40 watts pep more AM and SSB, I am also at 50 on fm, no mods. The NRC is great on this radio and the clarifier RX/TX balancing is also great. Not sure I am a believer in the mod yet. Last night I made a contact on Salt Spring Island British Columbia 2,985 miles away. Higher numbers look cool on the meter but what's that 40 watts extra pep really doing. I have also noticed thos radio has sweet spots with the power adjustments and the swr. To much it jumps up..a lot, just enough it stays nice and flat.

Are y'all ready! Pull your boots up because the b.s. is getting deeper!

This gentleman is a real technician but I really do believe the meters in this video must be flawed.

140 pep AM
160 pep SSB

It's best to ignore PEP readings. They are used to mislead customers regarding radio performance. An un-modulated dead key is what will indicated honest power output on your radio. Trying to display honest output on SSB is ridiculous. Don't fall for it. The CB radio world is full of con men technicians who will look you straight in the eye, and lie.

Ah yes, the President Nixon radio.......it automatically turns everything you say into a lie.......
Then we have the President Biden radio that turns everything into mumbling incoherent rambling.........
But mostly I'm waiting for them to come out with the MAGA branded President Trump radio. Red with orange knobs...It's sure to be a 'great' addition to their product line LOL!
:LOL:
You see this radio they named after me it is great, it has to be great it's named after me so it is way better than all others just a great great radio. I talked to them.over there with the planning of thos and I said it has to be great nothing but great or it will not be great so it is great.

It's best to ignore PEP readings. They are used to mislead customers regarding radio performance. An un-modulated dead key is what will indicated honest power output on your radio. Trying to display honest output on SSB is ridiculous. Don't fall for it.

I disagree. PEP is an extremely important measure in RF, and when used correctly, is correct. Anyone with proper calibrated SSB meters can show consistent, repeatable performance to the specifications. (What you see in that video, is totally the opposite of this).

The CB radio world is full of con men technicians who will look you straight in the eye, and lie.

Agreed! I saw one of his videos where he had one meter in AVERAGE and one meter in PEP, both with the same slug value. On a carrier, his PEP meter read 40w more than his AVERAGE meter. On a carrier! He said "just ignore the PEP meter"... lol

Peak and tune the power meter, much?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Bandit1:
    Hey guys I been out a while
  • @ Naysayer:
    ARRL paid ransom for their files back from s hack attack? Todays Amateur thread Reddit
  • @ Naysayer:
    In middle of an antenna job. Misplaced paperwork on purchased balun. It's a 1:1 current balun for a dipole that I disconnected a while ago. I purchased the balun from Canadian company where one input connection has a Red Dot. That for the center of coax, right?