• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help, I am bleeding my TV

Roger, you sounded great on this end. My new location is less in elevation . Roger, sometimes a ground wire can act as part of the antenna and radiate RF and end up causing problems .

I hear ya. the ground must have been acting like an antenna.

Why? that is what I want to understand. I hear all the time to ground ground ground. let me say this though, Joe was booming in here better than when I had the groumnd hooked up. He said I am sounding good too. maybe conditions or maybe the ground being disconnected.

I am going to try and study about grounds and get more understanding on the subject.

I am either going to get basic cable or get rid of the rabbit ears and put a better antenna up for tv ans better coax for it.

Last edited:
It was good talking to you, been a while and we should not go so long next time. I wish your location was as good as the old one as we could talk better.

You know that I have even better swrs since I unhooked the ground. They were good befor but now even better. I see more power going out too.

AP

Thanks for that info. Also I would never had thought of disconnecting the ground. I realy believed it was helping not hurting my setup.

It is almost exactly 36ft long.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.