• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW al-811hd making popping sounds in my radio

SOLVED >>>>>> ok i put 1 tube in at a time and found that 2 tubes out of the four was causing the ticking in the amp and one tube had sometihgn rattling .... so i think thre was a batch of bad tubes... ameritron is sending me a new set of 4 and i have to send these ones back

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
no kidding huh,,, i think i should get to keep the these tubes ,,, just in case it happens again i at least have two spares..

I got my NEW tubes today from ameritron and i put them in and turned the amp on and tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic,,,,,grrrrrr.. so out out the 8 tubes i have i put my four best ones in and its sitting warming up on my bench right now tic free.. WTF.... SO ive been through 2 amps 12 tubes and at least one tube out of each four was defective

Last edited:
I have a AL-82 and run it right to the amp.(rca jack) Should I get a keyer to step down voltage? Seems to be working ok for me. Am I going to run into problems later?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.