• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are many many youtube videos i could post about tim. but
im staying out of this. its already gone to far. so carry on gentlemen. ill read the posts and laugh.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
there are many many youtube videos i could post about tim. but
im staying out of this. its already gone to far. so carry on gentlemen. ill read the posts and laugh.
That's a good idea Jon. Tim/snake radio customs has enough information out there for people to make an educated choice on whether to send him any of their equipment. I know what my choice would be. It's been run into the ground about how he is no more than a tinkerer. People who like they're transceivers to look like a disco ball might find his work acceptable but from what I've seen and read about him and his work online, I wouldn't send him a single item. Besides that I've already got someone who does excellent work and have no need to look elsewhere. On the other hand it's always good to have more than one true technician. They are certainly out there one just needs to do their homework. 73

I'd have to disagree with you. Are you familiar with Scorpio amplifier repair? He posted a video early on explaining who he was and what it was that he does. Being a marine just happens to be part of who he is and what he does. I didn't get the feeling that mentioning the fact that he is a Marine was in any way done, in order to solicit sympathy jobs. I don't own a transistorized amplifier in need of work but if I did I know who I would send it to. This guy seems honest, extremely knowledgeable, and looks to do top notch repairs. If you're in need of a transistorized amplifier repair or refurbish check out his YouTube channel. 73

I thought I was clear that I do not think ALL of them are this way. But there are definitely some that are - especially the ones that deal with snake.

I know of him (Scorpion, his name is Michael by the way). I threw his name into the mix a few days ago when someone was looking to get an amplifier repaired.
I have not heard him solicit jobs because he is a marine and I knew of him before he even made that video about being a marine. So I am aware of him and his story.

Reactions: Sonar
I thought I was clear that I do not think ALL of them are this way. But there are definitely some that are - especially the ones that deal with snake.

I know of him (Scorpion, his name is Michael by the way). I threw his name into the mix a few days ago when someone was looking to get an amplifier repaired.
I have not heard him solicit jobs because he is a marine and I knew of him before he even made that video about being a marine. So I am aware of him and his story.
Rodger that!

Not impressed with scorpion repair shop.
He has an old Palomar TX100 that shows 180w PEP coming out of it.

sure, you can get your meter to show that amount of power when you blast 40 watts PEP into the thing, driving the pills into saturation.

He also says that he went to electronics school, but doesn't know why it's needless to replace that 47uF cap with a 4700uF cap.
He's just following the same old build instructions that comp style amps have been made from for decades now.

He also has a two pill (probably 2879's) that he shows 400+ watts PEP out of.

His business is most likely not geared towards the clean operation crowd.
LC

The clean crowd doesn't want instant gratification.
I would ask him.

I don't think he said he went to school but that is was in school now.

Not trying to knock military people but their education is really geared to monkey see monkey do. But that's the business off the military. Free thought is discouraged. Follow orders without question.
Its not like going to college and taking classes for 4-6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.