• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Walcott CB shop Davenport Iowa

I do know that a couple years ago, Walcott got into some trouble with the FCC... they don't do as much tech work as they used to. They still do some work but not as much as they had in the past. Their work in the past was awful... limiters clipped out of radios, 54mhz trap coils all spread apart, etc. Don't know what they're doing these days, haven't had a radio from them come across my bench in a while.

~Cheers~

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Really? Inquiring minds want to know.
Please do tell me more about this "new" speed of light constant that only He seems to know.

"The reason the calculation he uses isn't available online, is because he disputes the commonly estimated speed of light which puts his numbers slightly different than the ones you would arrive at..."

post # 14 @ https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiM7KnkjfvPAhWGMyYKHRKdBz4QFggcMAA&url=http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/143645-Finally-a-radio-technician-that-actually-knows-what-he-is-doing!!!!!!&usg=AFQjCNHbSy68QnBwPjSHil8gAWA2lRgEvQ

yum.gif
yum.gif
yum.gif
I'm just curious since this thread is regarding Walcott CB in Davenport Iowa why you feel you need to troll for Mark Sherman in an unrelated subject matter?

I do know that a couple years ago, Walcott got into some trouble with the FCC... they don't do as much tech work as they used to. They still do some work but not as much as they had in the past. Their work in the past was awful... limiters clipped out of radios, 54mhz trap coils all spread apart, etc. Don't know what they're doing these days, haven't had a radio from them come across my bench in a while.

~Cheers~
That was precisely my experience in 2004

Looks like you're going to run out of cb repair shops to bash pretty soon. :ROFLMAO:

Brett
There's a few decent ones out there.
I've only found one that is capable of dealing with class C amplifiers and making them function correctly though. If there happened to be others I'd like to be made aware of them so I can recommend their services to other drivers but as of yet there has been no proof of their existence.

I'm just curious since this thread is regarding Walcott CB in Davenport Iowa why you feel you need to troll for Mark Sherman in an unrelated subject matter?

Perhaps because you talk smak.

this thread, and many other threads, posted to and by you on this and other forums are nothing but troll posts.

I'm still waiting to learn about the "new" speed of light" that YOU mentioned.

just about every forum you post on, people tell you that you don't know WTF you are talkin about,
Why is that?

OVER

this thread, and many other threads, posted to and by you on this and other forums are nothing but troll posts.

just about every forum you post on, people tell you that you don't know WTF you are talkin about,
Why is that?

OVER
could this person be the same one the ops are talking about so that he can get sales?

Why is that?

OVER
You can call this talking smack but I call this educating people and trying to help people make smart choices.
1463886923988_zps5srbumuh.jpg

Reactions: LeapFrog

Why is that?

OVER
I'm still waiting for you to show me pictures of your bench or demonstrating what you are capable of accomplishing. I'm not here to discuss laws of physics per se, I'm simply here to discuss the advantages of using a technician with proper test equipment over a so-called technician without proper test equipment.

I'm still waiting for you to show me pictures of your bench or demonstrating what you are capable of accomplishing. I'm not here to discuss laws of physics per se, I'm simply here to discuss the advantages of using a technician with proper test equipment over a so-called technician without proper test equipment.

I think people here get that. I haven't saw anyone here condone tuning a radio with a dosy and a wire cutters. You are the type that needs to find someone like Mark and ride his coat tails because you can't do anything on your own. You troll the Internet with this crap to look intelligent but you are an ignorant, insecure man.

All this info you pass out is second hand. You don't even have a decent understanding of it. You can't hold up your end of a debate. You reply to the tough questions with photos and Mark's videos. The really tough questions get ignored or you change the subject. You've told me in the past you didn't care about the technical mumbo-jumbo but you can't stop with this. I know the road is long and hard and your mind wanders but come back to reality.

If Mark has done you right and you want to recommend him I can respect that. If it weren't for your bullshit I might even recommend him to someone that would otherwise go to a hack shop. The only thing that concerns me about him is the rumor that he's a meth head. If that's true he will rip off his own mother for another bump.

I think people here get that. I haven't saw anyone here condone tuning a radio with a dosy and a wire cutters. You are the type that needs to find someone like Mark and ride his coat tails because you can't do anything on your own. You troll the Internet with this crap to look intelligent but you are an ignorant, insecure man.

All this info you pass out is second hand. You don't even have a decent understanding of it. You can't hold up your end of a debate. You reply to the tough questions with photos and Mark's videos. The really tough questions get ignored or you change the subject. You've told me in the past you didn't care about the technical mumbo-jumbo but you can't stop with this. I know the road is long and hard and your mind wanders but come back to reality.

If Mark has done you right and you want to recommend him I can respect that. If it weren't for your bullshit I might even recommend him to someone that would otherwise go to a hack shop. The only thing that concerns me about him is the rumor that he's a meth head. If that's true he will rip off his own mother for another bump.
Common sense dictates when a "tech" tunes 2 identical radios, and a different tech tunes 2 of those same radios for a total of 4 identical radios, that when the pair tuned by tech x achieves a 20 mile range and the pair tuned by tech w achieves a distance double that from the same 2 vehicles and antennas, it unanimously demonstrates tech w has a much greater capability than tech x..
Doesn't take a genius to figure things out.
Ignorance is deflecting attention from the comparison and focusing attention on things which are irrelevant.

Common sense dictates when a "tech" tunes 2 identical radios, and a different tech tunes 2 of those same radios for a total of 4 identical radios, that when the pair tuned by tech x achieves a 20 mile range and the pair tuned by tech w achieves a distance double that from the same 2 vehicles and antennas, it unanimously demonstrates tech w has a much greater capability than tech x..
Doesn't take a genius to figure things out.
Ignorance is deflecting attention from the comparison and focusing attention on things which are irrelevant.

See what you did there. You ignored 90% of my post and made a random reply. You still have a man crush on mark.

I have bought radios from Walcott on several occasions, with no issues and great customer service. Very willing to answer any questions or concerns that arise.
Now to Fine tune CB Shop, I was considering a radio purchase there and decided to ask a few questions. Guess Mark isn't in the customer service dept. seeing as after asking a couple of questions he blocked me from communicating with him on Facebook. Not one but two accounts. Now what would make this clown think I was going to send him my hard earned money without first asking a few questions? I wouldn't buy a car without first asking a few questions and kicking the tires. So what makes him think he's any better? I wasn't looking to purchase his over inflated ego, just had some simple questions... Go Figure!!!

I have bought radios from Walcott on several occasions, with no issues and great customer service. Very willing to answer any questions or concerns that arise.
Now to Fine tune CB Shop, I was considering a radio purchase there and decided to ask a few questions. Guess Mark isn't in the customer service dept. seeing as after asking a couple of questions he blocked me from communicating with him on Facebook. Not one but two accounts. Now what would make this clown think I was going to send him my hard earned money without first asking a few questions? I wouldn't buy a car without first asking a few questions and kicking the tires. So what makes him think he's any better? I wasn't looking to purchase his over inflated ego, just had some simple questions... Go Figure!!!

He probably wants a customer that will stroke his ego like the rabbiporkchop does. If he answers too many questions he'll eventually put his foot in his mouth.

Like the time I asked about why he didn't terminate the inputs of his test equipment when cutting those magic coax lengths. That was one of those good questions that never got a reply.

He will change the subject to how one of marks customers an talk over 130 miles on his base reliability. Is it really marks cb work or the 3cx3000 and beam that 42 has connected to that radio???? He doesn't tell the whole story.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.