• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Walcott CB shop Davenport Iowa

But you've said a barefoot fine tune radio can out talk a dirty kw. I've talked 80 miles from a mobile with a dirty kw. Melissa to Hillsboro TX.

Edit: that's 93 miles as the crow flies. Not highway miles taking the scenic route like you brag about.

Nice. A legitimate business can buy radios wholesale vs buying on Amazon.
That's a pretty unscientific statement that I made when I said that but I've witnessed it happen

I have looked through various forums and am hard pressed to find any negative comments on Bob's.
That's because his customers don't even know what an oscilloscope is so of course they are not going to have anything negative to say since they have no idea what's missing from his test bench. I would agree that 95% of his customers are just like this guy and perfectly happy..

Rabbiporkchop does not approve of them so they are probably legit. A few guys here like Bob but I don't need a CB shop so I can't give you an honest review .
Without listening to anything I say maybe the best question to ask is would it be necessary for a radio shop to have an oscilloscope on his test bench in order for that person to tamper with my radio equipment? If the answer is yes then feel free to walk into Bobs shop and ask to see his oscilloscope which does not exist.

I'm sure after reading the above post Bob is going to go out and purchase a 10 megahertz oscilloscope at a thrift shop for 10 bucks and put it on his bench as a movie prop

I think if I were in the market for a cb/export I would go with Bob's or Bells
Neither of which know how to use an oscilloscope. At least Bell's has one on his test bench to put on a good show for his customers but he has no idea how to use it. This particular radio came directly from Bells CB shop so if you want to see what bills work looks like on a proper test bench this is what fills work looks like so feel free to judge for yourself..

Neither of which know how to use an oscilloscope. At least Bell's has one on his test bench to put on a good show for his customers but he has no idea how to use it. This particular radio came directly from Bells CB shop so if you want to see what bills work looks like on a proper test bench this is what fills work looks like so feel free to judge for yourself..

So they both have scopes but Neither no how to use them....you will be hard pressed to find a bad review of either place. I'm sure they will never measure up to your "fine tune" standards but for Pete sake these are cb's we are dealing with not the fucking space shuttle! An Alignment and a clean peak and tune doesn't require a degree from MIT. I say as long as the shop is reputable, stands behind their work and doesn't talk down to their customers...then give em a shot... just my .02

Reactions: Coondog27
In this video pay close attention and you will notice that he divert your attention from his oscilloscope which provides no useful information and he focuses all of your attention onto a meter which means absolutely nothing

After watching that video I noticed he talks really loud when he's focused on the meter and he's got the microphone right next to his mouth when he's looking at the meter and then when he looks at the oscilloscope his voice gets softer and he pulled the microphone away from his mouth so you can't see the negative Peaks pinching together on the scope

Last edited:
So they both have scopes but Neither no how to use them....you will be hard pressed to find a bad review of either place. I'm sure they will never measure up to your "fine tune" standards but for Pete sake these are cb's we are dealing with not the fucking space shuttle! An Alignment and a clean peak and tune doesn't require a degree from MIT. I say as long as the shop is reputable, stands behind their work and doesn't talk down to their customers...then give em a shot... just my .02
No degree from MIT is required but certain test equipment is required to do the job correctly. BOB doesn't even have the basic test equipment.

According to lots of members of this forum there's thousands of technicians that you can choose from that are all capable of doing great work so here's a good rule of thumb.
1477660141624_zpswxwb7abd.png

Last edited:
Porkchop aren't you on record here as having said you don't care about anybody's opinion? Pretty sure you are since I believe i quoted you one time on that. So why does it seem to matter to you what others say and further more why should anybody pay any attention to what you say? I mean really, if you don't care about others opinions then why the hell should anybody care about yours? I am fully convinced that you are a shill for Fine Tune.

Reactions: 2RT307
Porkchop aren't you on record here as having said you don't care about anybody's opinion? Pretty sure you are since I believe i quoted you one time on that. So why does it seem to matter to you what others say and further more why should anybody pay any attention to what you say? I mean really, if you don't care about others opinions then why the hell should anybody care about yours? I am fully convinced that you are a shill for Fine Tune.
I only say what is commonly accepted as being fact. Only a brainless idiot would send someone to a shop to spend their hard-earned money on someone who's only tool is a screwdriver and a dosy meter and a pair of tin snips. I'm just showing people what to look for and it sounds like you aren't very appreciative that I take your personal Airwaves into consideration when I make recommendations to prevent your next-door neighbor from bleeding onto your TV set.

I care about opinions that are relevant or that matter to a particular subject. But when someone tries to say you can take ten identical radios to 10 different technicians and they twist screws 10 different ways and then all 10 radios will perform in an identical manner after 10 different butcher jobs obviously that person doesn't have a clue about how things work. The guy that wrote this article I respect his opinions because they are based upon sound scientific fact.
http://www.nu9n.com/news_october_2005.html

He's posting pictures and videos of other peoples accomplishments again. Has mark ripped you off so bad that you have to post this to justify the money you've wasted on his magic coax?

You don't care about any opinion that you don't want to believe. Everytime someone questions how or why Mark is doing something you post more of his videos, post something you found on google, tell us how far his customers can talk or run and hide. You're too ignorant to hold up your end of the debate and too insecure to admit you bought the snake oil. If you want to learn why not pick up some books and learn something from someone that isn't running a CB shop. You need books because your Internet BS filter is wired up backwards.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.