• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Walcott CB shop Davenport Iowa

LMAO, when I spoke with Mark on the phone he was more interested in telling me how many miles he has driven.( Like I really cared after driving trucks for going on 35 years now.) or about his Spartan bus with a Allison automatic transmission. He spent about 60 seconds giving me a radio price, then immediately went to BS conversation that I could really care less about.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
He probably wants a customer that will stroke his ego like the rabbiporkchop does. If he answers too many questions he'll eventually put his foot in his mouth.

Like the time I asked about why he didn't terminate the inputs of his test equipment when cutting those magic coax lengths. That was one of those good questions that never got a reply.

He will change the subject to how one of marks customers an talk over 130 miles on his base reliability. Is it really marks cb work or the 3cx3000 and beam that 42 has connected to that radio???? He doesn't tell the whole story.
The whole story is when you put one of Jack thurston's radios on that same 3cx3000 it won't make the trip -case closed.

Magnum S-9 with Electro-voice 602-t aviation microphone impedance-matched with telex matching transformer going into Texas Star DX1000

If the radio is so Fine Tuned, Why ya need that TS DX1000? Damn does it take that to talk across the median strip nowdays?

The whole story is when you put one of Jack thurston's radios on that same 3cx3000 it won't make the trip -case closed.

If that were true all the local guys with hacked up radios with old phantoms and Elkins wouldn't get out across the street. They talk over 100 miles into central Oklahoma almost every Saturday night on channel 21. Wrong again. Their antennas do the heavy lifting.

LMAO, when I spoke with Mark on the phone he was more interested in telling me how many miles he has driven.( Like I really cared after driving trucks for going on 35 years now.) or about his Spartan bus with a Allison automatic transmission. He spent about 60 seconds giving me a radio price, then immediately went to BS conversation that I could really care less about.

Then he accused you of wasting his time? What a hypocrite. If you don't mind sharing what kind of prices did he give you? I don't see any prices on his website.

Two tin cans connected with 25 feet of Stren 10lb test line, and no background noise.
Now that's Fine Tuned!!!:ROFLMAO:

Magnum S-9 with Electro-voice 602-t aviation microphone impedance-matched with telex matching transformer going into Texas Star DX1000

If the radio is so Fine Tuned, Why ya need that TS DX1000? Damn does it take that to talk across the median strip nowdays?
Kinda hard to talk 80 miles from a mobile with a 9 watt carrier unless of course if you know some secrets I'm not aware of.

If that were true all the local guys with hacked up radios with old phantoms and Elkins wouldn't get out across the street. They talk over 100 miles into central Oklahoma almost every Saturday night on channel 21. Wrong again. Their antennas do the heavy lifting.

Then he accused you of wasting his time? What a hypocrite. If you don't mind sharing what kind of prices did he give you? I don't see any prices on his website.

Stryker 447HPC2 "Fine Tuned" and shipped to my door. $370

Yeah to be such a Legend in his own mind kind of tech, his website leaves a lot to be desired. And the whole thing that he will only contact you through Facebook baffles me. You message him, leave your phone number and he calls you. Kinda odd if you ask me. I myself prefer a brick n mortar type setup, that offers some customer service with what they sell.

Stryker 447HPC2 "Fine Tuned" and shipped to my door. $370

$300 on Amazon. With a small mark up and the price of his time if he actually does more than convert it. I don't think that's bad. I'm your situation I wouldn't have done business with him either.

$300 on Amazon. With a small mark up and the price of his time if he actually does more than convert it I don't think that's bad. I'm your situation I wouldn't have done business with him either.

$269 at Walcott, add in conversion, align and tune brings it to $304 shipped to the door.

Reactions: 543_Dallas
Kinda hard to talk 80 miles from a mobile with a 9 watt carrier unless of course if you know some secrets I'm not aware of.

But you've said a barefoot fine tune radio can out talk a dirty kw. I've talked 80 miles from a mobile with a dirty kw. Melissa to Hillsboro TX.

Edit: that's 93 miles as the crow flies. Not highway miles taking the scenic route like you brag about.

$269 at Walcott, add in conversion, align and tune brings it to $304 shipped to the door.

Nice. A legitimate business can buy radios wholesale vs buying on Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop
But you've said a barefoot fine tune radio can out talk a dirty kw. I've talked 80 miles from a mobile with a dirty kw. Melissa to Hillsboro TX.

Nice. A legitimate business can buy radios wholesale vs buying on Amazon.

While on the subject of CB shops any reviews on Bobs CB Shop in Pa?

Rabbiporkchop does not approve of them so they are probably legit. A few guys here like Bob but I don't need a CB shop so I can't give you an honest review .
I have looked through various forums and am hard pressed to find any negative comments on Bob's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.