• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who to tune or not to tune my new Galaxy radio?

PsRumors

Jun 18, 2005
Cartersville, GA
I will be purchasing a Galaxy 77 shortly. I think this will fit my uses. Who should or should I NOT have tune the radio.

I would like to buy and have tuned from one source to help with shipping times and costs.

GI Joe has the radio and their modulation kit for $259.90. Anyone with experiance with this setup? Or at least their mod kit?

Premiere has the radio and their peak and tune for $269.90. How are their tunes? I saw mention on their site for an SP1-A kit. Any comments? I couldn't find how much it costs or if it is included in their peak and tune.

QuackShack has the radio and their peak and tune for $239.99. How are theirs?

Who am I missing?

In my Opinon I would NEVER send anything to 1 STOP!
I bought a Galaxy DX2547 from them and had to send it back to have it ajusted as it was WAY WAY off Frequency after I recieved it from them NEW. They were supposed to do a peak + tune but it sure didn't seem like the case had been opened up had been and when I sent it back it took 2 1/2 weeks to get it back and then kept getting ignored when you ask about it. Very POOR Customer Service. Like I said this is my Opinion I will never deal with THEM again!!!

Some people don't understand or care about the tuneup from a Technical Standpoint. But when it comes down technically RR and 1stop and many more Do not tune a radio. They remove some parts. If you like it that way then more power to you. I rather have my radio tuned and aligned technically. Theirs no comparison in overall peformance as well. Anyhow that is the world of CB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.