• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

Conditions here were;'t anything to write home about. US stations (except Cali) were pretty much in the mud. But Cali was dialed in to Europe, and couldn't hear me. About 10 AM, I taked to "Pete" in Northern Ireland. Then dead air until 3:30 PM when 472 on the German side of the border with Netherlands came booming in. Great sounding station with 300W into a 6 element beam. Then dead air again until I finished up on the project for Luz, and shut everything down.
I have some mods to do on my 139XLR so I'm going to connect my TS-430S to my new amp and see how that combo works out.

- J.J. 399
Love the 430.

Well I got up extra early today to get my SUV inspected and after I got back decided to swap out mobile antennas to experiment. After I was done and could see DX was rolling I decided since my neighbor was gone somewhere with his friend I'd head for the radio room and mess around with 3 of my base stations. I made some contacts on all 3 bases and they all seemed to be from Texas. So I guess I'm ready for when the season kicks in Full Swing. It has seemed to be down the passed few days, but it is time to work out the bugs. Anyone else have luck today ?

Well I got up extra early today to get my SUV inspected and after I got back decided to swap out mobile antennas to experiment. After I was done and could see DX was rolling I decided since my neighbor was gone somewhere with his friend I'd head for the radio room and mess around with 3 of my base stations. I made some contacts on all 3 bases and they all seemed to be from Texas. So I guess I'm ready for when the season kicks in Full Swing. It has seemed to be down the passed few days, but it is time to work out the bugs. Anyone else have luck today ?
Plenty of dx today down south of San Antonio. I was able to make a few contacts in the short time I messed with the radio today. What state are you in?
Would be nice to make contact with you. Any other WWDX as well. I go by 553. Sometimes Texas 53.

Last edited:
Plenty of dx today down south of San Antonio. I was able to make a few contacts in the short time I messed with the radio today. What state are you in?
Would be nice to make contact with you. Any other WWDX as well. I go by 553. Sometimes Texas 53.
I sometimes call myself PA50 or Keystone Radio but I guess haven't decided yet on a set of numbers or call sight unique & easy to remember. I have been trying to ask to see if there is any WWDX members on the air waves. I've spent more time trying to build and learn a system than actually talking DX. Hopefully I'll get it together if we have a good season. But chances are good we will connect because Texas is a strong player around here because seems like South West is my best shot out of this Valley. And I can forget North East because I'm up against the hill on that side of me. I also laugh because some operators just seem to have the Jive down Pat! (Longevity) I think you would call me a Mud Duck ! LOL Doesn't help I'm not much of a talker either but I like the Challenge !

I finally got the base station up and running and soon as I powered up the band was wide open.

Made several contacts just as I was testing everything out so it was a great welcome back party.

Ps
The q6 pro is such a nice radio, it behaves nothing like the original. The only con I found in just the hour or so I talked is that with so many features we're gonna have to get used to each other.

Screenshot_20240915-053800.pngWell Good Morning Fellow Dxers, Conditions as of right now are not looking too good for Dxing today, hopefully will change for the better later in the day,I might be on the air after 2pm on 38 and 40 LSB if I don't take my Sunday afternoon Nap, hopefully everyone has had a good week, have a Blessed Sunday ahead.............

I am standing by out in the garage, this week we have my son's Grand Cherokee that needs ball joints and tierod ends. While we are at it, he opted to replace the rotors and calipers. The only ball joints that I could find that fit correctly are the Dana Spicer ones. Five different aftermarket sets all had the stud length wrong. Thankfully Amazon Prime has free returns....

IMG_20240914_182320762_HDR.jpg

I finally got the base station up and running and soon as I powered up the band was wide open.

Made several contacts just as I was testing everything out so it was a great welcome back party.

Ps
The q6 pro is such a nice radio, it behaves nothing like the original. The only con I found in just the hour or so I talked is that with so many features we're gonna have to get used to each other.
Glad to hear you got your station up. I thought I heard you yesterday, I will be standing by on 37 out in the garage today.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.