• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

Good dx this morning, I was above channel 40 and waited several minutes for others making contact with him. But, I was able to make contact from my pickup to northern Netherlands from around San Antonio.
I was just using a crt 7900 ( anytone 5555 clone) and a Lil Wilson antenna.

Hopefully in a month or so I will have some sort of a base station going. Looking forward to some good dx this fall.

Good dx this morning, I was above channel 40 and waited several minutes for others making contact with him. But, I was able to make contact from my pickup to northern Netherlands from around San Antonio.
I was just using a crt 7900 ( anytone 5555 clone) and a Lil Wilson antenna.

Hopefully in a month or so I will have some sort of a base station going. Looking forward to some good dx this fall.
Hi Neighbor, good to see someone else on the forum. Catch me on 365 in the morning or 395 at night.

Dr_DX

Aside from losing my voice it was a great day for DX. I hate getting hoarse!
Great contacts, I haven't talked to Maxine since about this time last year. Hope your throat feels better. Try eating some raw onion, it has anti viral and anti bacterial properties. Sugar on chopped raw onion makes a cough syrup too. I like onions, can you tell?
73&51

horrible conditions up here today. 1 or 2 people all day. there for about 10mins then 2 hours of nothin
lil bit of down under in there atm. odd time for them

View attachment 70066
Don't feel alone on conditions. Down here in N/E PA it really stinks today compared to the last few days. Funny how that works out. I won't run my base and amp while my neighbor is home and the day he goes to work the conditions dry up. Oh well better days are coming ! ( We Hope )

Conditions here were;'t anything to write home about. US stations (except Cali) were pretty much in the mud. But Cali was dialed in to Europe, and couldn't hear me. About 10 AM, I taked to "Pete" in Northern Ireland. Then dead air until 3:30 PM when 472 on the German side of the border with Netherlands came booming in. Great sounding station with 300W into a 6 element beam. Then dead air again until I finished up on the project for Luz, and shut everything down.
I have some mods to do on my 139XLR so I'm going to connect my TS-430S to my new amp and see how that combo works out.

- J.J. 399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.