• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

11 meter is very quiet?

Glad to hear you got your station up. I thought I heard you yesterday, I will be standing by on 37 out in the garage today.
Yes sir it took me a while to get on the air, lots of other life happening at the same time. I'm sure glad to be back in business.

Conditions have faded in and out but it's still good for working some dx.

Just made contact with @Eldorado828, great to talk to you again. Conditions are improving for sure, should be even better as the weather turns cold.

I am still out in the garage doing ball joints on the other side now. It seems all I do is come out here and make a mess. I have the 2547 on standby listening. Maybe someday I will come out here and put some stuff away.....

IMG_20240915_165338562_HDR.jpg

Just made contact with @Eldorado828, great to talk to you again. Conditions are improving for sure, should be even better as the weather turns cold.

I am still out in the garage doing ball joints on the other side now. It seems all I do is come out here and make a mess. I have the 2547 on standby listening. Maybe someday I will come out here and put some stuff away.....

View attachment 70130
Yes sir a pleasure talking to you! I tell you what, that 2547 is doing a fantastic job. Crystal clear and right on frequency.

My work in progress is coming along
Screenshot_20240915_161008_Gallery.jpg

The situation looks familiar to me! In the summer of 1986 I built a 24 X 40 Pole Barn 10' high for a garage and work shop because that's all I could afford with out taking out a loan. Done it nights & weekends after work when I wasn't doing Husband & Father jobs also. Spent the rest of life buying & accumulating tools to prepare for retirement with always at least 10 jobs waiting for me so everything gets shoved in place. Now I look at my shop and say ( I have to rearrange and organize ) so I can work more efficient but I still have 10 jobs waiting. Like they said at work ( It's a Cluster F_ _ K ! ) LOL And back to the Matter at Hand. I enjoyed listening to DX today when I could but I was Man on the Run ! AGAIN

About 1 AM I was snapped awake by a loud crashing noise. Got up and checked outside. It was raining HARD with much lightning, thunder, and very high wind. The crashing noise was our granddaughter's play house being blown away. Got up this morning and found this.

roof.png

The wind also took most of the roof off of my shack/shop. Everything in the shop was totally drenched. Fortunately I built a shelf on my desk, so my rig was covered and didn't take on too much water. My test equipment - scope, spec analyzer, etc were full of water. Spent the day drying everything out. No Dxing for me for a while. Took the cases off of everything. I want to let everything sit with fans on until every drop of water is gone. Several days, I guess. It gets hot in the shack during the day, so that will help the drying process. Hopefully everything will work when I power them up.

Oh well - - S**T Happens.

- J.J. 399

About 1 AM I was snapped awake by a loud crashing noise. Got up and checked outside. It was raining HARD with much lightning, thunder, and very high wind. The crashing noise was our granddaughter's play house being blown away. Got up this morning and found this.

View attachment 70149

The wind also took most of the roof off of my shack/shop. Everything in the shop was totally drenched. Fortunately I built a shelf on my desk, so my rig was covered and didn't take on too much water. My test equipment - scope, spec analyzer, etc were full of water. Spent the day drying everything out. No Dxing for me for a while. Took the cases off of everything. I want to let everything sit with fans on until every drop of water is gone. Several days, I guess. It gets hot in the shack during the day, so that will help the drying process. Hopefully everything will work when I power them up.

- J.J. 399
Sorry to hear about your set-back, we'll be praying for your equipment to survive.

View attachment 70149

- J.J. 399
That's sad news Jim, sounds like you got to it quickly, hopefully it all survives.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.