• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone At-6666 Pro

I figured it needs a mod for 15m because I didn't see it in any of our radio YouTube videos, Easy mod though.

Thanks AudioShockwave for posting that.

A bit of a jump around between band letters for the different bands but I would assume moving the cursor with VFO tuning would be sequential. Not a deal breaker if it isn't.

Curious to see if RF power drops on 15m and how much. I expect it will some.

I figured it needs a mod for 15m because I didn't see it in any of our radio YouTube videos, Easy mod though.

Thanks AudioShockwave for posting that.

A bit of a jump around between band letters for the different bands but I would assume moving the cursor with VFO tuning would be sequential. Not a deal breaker if it isn't.

Curious to see if RF power drops on 15m and how much. I expect it will some.
I expect we will see the same, its a big spread.

Jeff

Real radio operators will be using the VFO mode for HAM use. ;)

(Push and HOLD the "BAND" key to switch between VFO and CH modes).

FYI - If you set the microphone "PF" key to the "CH.PUSH" option, then full control of the VFO is able to be done with the microphone keys, and it's is an awesome user experience, IMO.

TX power and RX sensitivity is reduced on 15m. It is a "gift" band. But, it is still great to have this option. It's working well enough for me. SSB and FT8 contacts have been made.

Another note: I wasn't going to comment on the video links posted above, but I think I should - Please take what you see in those videos with a big grain of salt. If the producer would RTFM and assume less, then the videos would be a LOT more useful. There is usually a lot more to the radio that you are seeing.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.