• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone At-6666 Pro

I figured it needs a mod for 15m because I didn't see it in any of our radio YouTube videos, Easy mod though.

Thanks AudioShockwave for posting that.

A bit of a jump around between band letters for the different bands but I would assume moving the cursor with VFO tuning would be sequential. Not a deal breaker if it isn't.

Curious to see if RF power drops on 15m and how much. I expect it will some.
It drops considerably, but still enough to be useful. I don't want to say I am sure of what the power out was. I believe it was 49W PEP on 15m.

Reactions: snippits75
FYI - If you set the microphone "PF" key to the "CH.PUSH" option, then full control of the VFO is able to be done with the microphone keys, and it's is an awesome user experience, IMO.

That's awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Pez
Appears to be the same to convert as the original 6666, Service menu seems easy to access and the alignment for a basic tune with proper equipment is pretty easy

****at-6666pro

*****Not everything is set 100% with the first try in the service menu.

Any adjustments are permanent
write down each menu setting before adjusting a menu item
Use and ADJUST at YOUR OWN RISK
NO 2 RADIOS ARE THE SAME!!!

key mic hold mode and memory and turn on radio

Use and ADJUST at YOUR OWN RISK

CH9:FM high power debug,LCD displays: FM POWH,turn off modulation signal, turn channel switch during TX to debug it to 50W。

CH10:FM low power debug,LCD displays: FM POWL,turn off modulation signal, turn channel switch during TX to debug it to 2.0W。

CH12:FM deviation debug,LCD displays: FM MOD,MIC input 2K 50mV, turn channel switch during TX to debug deviation to 3.5KHz。Need FM Modulation equipment

CH16:AM high power debug,LCD displays: AM POWH,turn off modulation signal, turn channel switch during TX to debug it to 16W。

CH17:AM low power debug,LCD displays: AM POWL,turn off modulation signal, turn channel switch during TX to debug it to 2.0W。

CH19:AM low power amplitude debug,LCD displays: AM MOODL,MIC input 1.25K 50mV, turn channel switch during TX to debug modulation to 95%。

CH20:AM high power amplitude debug,LCD displays: AM MOODH,MIC input 1.25K 50mV, turn channel switch during TX to debug Modulation to 95%。

CH26:SSB PEP low power debug,LCD displays: USB POWL,use two tone generator and set to 95% modulation

CH27:SSB PEP high power debug,LCD displays: USB POWH,use two tone generator and set to 95% modulation

Exit service menu and RE check all settings power and modulation with the equipment as more service menu adjustments may be needed as am modulation on low or high may be still low or it may turn out a bit over modulated,

Same with SSB after the first service menu adjustment modulation on low or high may be still low or it may turn out a bit over modulated.
Not everything is set 100% with the first try in the service menu​

I am not an expert in digital modes, as I was never interested. A friend, turned me onto pskreporter last week. I see myself being heard all over the world, which to me, is cool as fuck. I have been using QRPp and 100 watt radios.

So, today, I made a simple audio interface cable for the Q6P. It is a pair of TRS 1/8" plugs, used with a USB soundcard. Q6P audio set to MIC JACK, USB mode and VOX ON. I am testing it on 15m, FT8 and low and behold, it works! I am blown away by this! I will be experimenting with some other modes with this radio now.

I called CQ and was answered by a French station. Now I have stations all over EU calling me! The Q6P is the radio that all need to beat. If it only had rig control, that would be slick!

SL

Thos little stand looks clean for this radio but I'll have to see if it can provide enough amperage for the pro version.
Screenshot_20240724_211508_eBay.jpg

That's a pretty cool radio stand, but the included PSU is only rated to 12.5A. The AT-6666PRO is fused at 15A, and will draw at least 10A on SSB peaks. For the PRO, I would want a supply with more headroom personally.

FYI and caution - the information and some of the parameters that were posted above for "service mode" is incorrect for the PRO.

Last edited:
That's a pretty cool radio stand, but the included PSU is only rated to 12.5A. The AT-6666PRO is fused at 15A, and will draw at least 10A on SSB peaks. For the PRO, I would want a supply with more headroom personally.

FYI and caution - the information and some of the parameters that were posted above for "service mode" is incorrect for the PRO.

Thanks for the info. I have a message to the seller about a bigger supply because that was the concern. Not sure if there's a bigger supply in the same footprint. He also makes one for the 955, it a clean little stand.

Reactions: Pez
Thanks for the info. I have a message to the seller about a bigger supply because that was the concern. Not sure if there's a bigger supply in the same footprint. He also makes one for the 955, it a clean little stand.
You could possibly fit a HP server supply in there and have 60+ amps for cheap! Just an idea.

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.