• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone At-6666 Pro

Also Scotts radio website says programming cable included too.
From everything I have ever seen from watching Scott's videos he doesn't do worthless CB style peak and tune jobs.
It's nice to see someone who cares about performance over the typical power tune/part upgrade stuff from everyone else.
I bought the original Ares II radios from another seller with the original firmware and dual clarifier on the right. The unnamed seller was no help for getting the new firmware.
I sent it to Scott and he upgraded the firmware and supplied a replacement face sticker. The radio worked much better after the firmware update.
Assuming if I buy the Pro from Scott he would be able to update the firmware later for me if one becomes available. Scott says he can't share the firmware updates. I don't understand why he can't send them to other operators?
I wish Anytone would offer firmware updates on their website.

From everything I have ever seen from watching Scott's videos he doesn't do worthless CB style peak and tune jobs.
It's nice to see someone who cares about performance over the typical power tune/part upgrade stuff from everyone else.
I bought the original Ares II radios from another seller with the original firmware and dual clarifier on the right. The unnamed seller was no help for getting the new firmware.
I sent it to Scott and he upgraded the firmware and supplied a replacement face sticker. The radio worked much better after the firmware update.
Assuming if I buy the Pro from Scott he would be able to update the firmware later for me if one becomes available. Scott says he can't share the firmware updates. I don't understand why he can't send them to other operators?
I wish Anytone would offer firmware updates on their website.
There have been cases where end users have bricked their radio while attempting to update the FW. This may change someday, but at this point, Anytone does not want that to happen. More likely, the current FW will come from the factory in the radio. But if not, we shall see what the future holds.

I would not be too concerned though. There has been extensive field testing and feedback to Qixiang on this radio, it is not headed to the street as a beta product. Qixiang is very careful with what information and data is shared publicly. They worked very hard on this model, to get it as close to right the first time as possible.

SL

FYI, there has been over 18 months of detailed testing and multiple hardware and firmware revisions done on the PRO. No other radio of this kind has had so much pre-production testing time and engineering effort put in (it's been a huge project). When you get a PRO, you are not the guinea pig. Just as @SuperLid has said, there will be firmware updates along the way (with the newly added CW mode getting some additional capability it needs, as the only item to note).

The PRO is a beast, and a big step forward in all areas. Straight out of the box you will be impressed, I'm sure of it.

There have been cases where end users have bricked their radio while attempting to update the FW. This may change someday, but at this point, Anytone does not want that to happen. More likely, the current FW will come from the factory in the radio. But if not, we shall see what the future holds.

I would not be too concerned though. There has been extensive field testing and feedback to Qixiang on this radio, it is not headed to the street as a beta product. Qixiang is very careful with what information and data is shared publicly. They worked very hard on this model, to get it as close to right the first time as possible.

SL
Is there software available for radio programming???

SL
It seems like Anytone is not willing to help radio owners with firmware updates.
My Yaesu allows me to update firmware quite easily.
Maybe Scott's Radios will be helpful when new firmware is released for the 66666 Pro.

Reactions: Eldorado828
It seems like Anytone is not willing to help radio owners with firmware updates.
My Yaesu allows me to update firmware quite easily.
Maybe Scott's Radios will be helpful when new firmware is released for the 66666 Pro.
Perhaps, but that is their choice. There is no shortage of cloner/copycats in China and they have a right to protect their intellectual property.

If they decide to release firmware, you will know. Scott's isn't the only player here either.

SL

That is a fact. Although the Ares 2 would have killed Galaxy a little better if it could have bigger audio. The 6 Pro is about $100 less than a Stryker 955 and Washington and about the same price as a Lincoln 2+ and Galaxy 959, it's obvious that Anytone has quit pulling punches....
Holy cow, maybe this is the Galaxy killer?

I started a new thread on it.
Thread 'Anytone AT-900 Pro' https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/anytone-at-900-pro.268568/

Last edited:
  • Love
Scott says he can't share the firmware updates. I don't understand why he can't send them to other operators?
Just a guess, but he probably had to sign a non disclosure agreement to get the firmware. If that's the case then he could not only lose access to future firmware updates but also have to pay a big chunk of change or face a lawsuit if he released it and AnyTone tracked it back to him. Of course, only Scott can say for sure if that's the deal, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Reactions: whiteastro
Just a guess, but he probably had to sign a non disclosure agreement to get the firmware. If that's the case then he could not only lose access to future firmware updates but also have to pay a big chunk of change or face a lawsuit if he released it and AnyTone tracked it back to him. Of course, only Scott can say for sure if that's the deal, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.
I would agree, it's the same reasoning most manufacturers won't release service manuals to consumers anymore.

Jeff

@SuperLid
I've been meaning to ask how that stock microphone is working? The original q6 had a fantastic sounding electret mic but was prone to that annoying pop or puff if you don't talk into it just the right way. I eventually got used to talking across it but on occasions I move it slightly and accidentally talk into it with that nasty puff ruining the conversation.

Hopefully this new mic has eliminated that.

Some of you fellas know exactly what I'm talking about.

@SuperLid
I've been meaning to ask how that stock microphone is working? The original q6 had a fantastic sounding electret mic but was prone to that annoying pop or puff if you don't talk into it just the right way. I eventually got used to talking across it but on occasions I move it slightly and accidentally talk into it with that nasty puff ruining the conversation.

I don't listen to myself and I have not had a complaint with my q6. But, the Pro has a different mic.

@SuperLid

Know exactly what you mean. The Lincoln 2+ microphone did the same thing.

If they could vent the microphone, kind of like how Heil does the HMM hand microphone would help I think.

No it's the q6 oe mic, been discussed in several threads here and a common complaint.
Hopefully it's gone with this new mic housing.
Good it's just that, stuff it with some foam should deaden the hollow mic compartment sound and fix the other issue.

I'm trying my luck wiring a electret desk mic to the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ David K. Aldridge:
    Hi. I acquired a Galaxy Saturn Turbo that goes into xmit mode, xmit LED lights, but no output at all in any mode when monitoring on a radio right next to it. Nothing. It receives fine. Also, in the amp module on back, there are MRF454's in there. Those weren't factory, were they? Any clues? Thanks.