• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone At-6666 Pro

FYI and caution - the information and some of the parameters that were posted above for "service mode" is incorrect for the PRO.
I'm not surprised. It seems some people have a strong desire to be first online with the "secret information" about the service menu. Misinformation and all !
I see bricked radios in some peoples immediate future............
If this Anytone is like the others there is no real reason to go into the service menu at all !

Reactions: Eldorado828
Will/does the 6666 Pro have comparable/better noise canceling and receive sensitivity (especially on SSB) as the current Q5N2 long chassis version?
The firmware that was developed for the Q6P, evolved from firmware issues in the Q5N2 that you have now. The Q5N2, was *supposed* to get updated in January of this year. That did not happen. What did happen, was that the issues were corrected in the Q5N2 Short/QT60P and Q6P.

The RX AGC time constant is now selectable and there should be some S meter calibration in the Q6P, that I have not verified yet. DSP NR is present and has selectable levels in the menu, which seems to be quite effective. I would believe RX sensitivity is about the same in all of the aforementioned models.

Got mine today from Scotts radio its going to be a mobile replacing a President Richard so I am going to upgrade to power wiring to 8ga from the battery so maybe it will be installed this weekend. Also was thinking of up grading my NMO antenna I remember something about a Larsen coil with a 65" whip? trying to find that thread now.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Got mine today from Scotts radio its going to be a mobile replacing a President Richard so I am going to upgrade to power wiring to 8ga from the battery so maybe it will be installed this weekend. Also was thinking of up grading my NMO antenna I remember something about a Larsen coil with a 65" whip? trying to find that thread now.
I have done the Larsen, Maxrad and Laird 30-34 MHz coil with longer whip. It isn't worth it. I had better luck with an efficient 26-30 MHz shunt fed antenna.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I have done the Larsen, Maxrad and Laird 30-34 MHz coil with longer whip. It isn't worth it. I had better luck with an efficient 26-30 MHz shunt fed antenna.
Thanks for the info I guess I will just stick to my Browning BR140 I want to compare q6pro to the richard with the same antenna.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Here in Italy (and Europe) we are unlucky: the 6666 Pro is nowhere to be found and there is not even a certain delivery date! Even CRT France which distributes the SuperStar CRT, weeks ago, published the imminent arrival of the CRT-9900 version 2024 (clone of the 6666Pro) and then removed it from the site/catalogue! Some retailers make a a pre-order but nothing certain. I tried to contact Scott's Radios (I also follow him on YouTube) who is also known here for his expertise and ability to test and calibrate RTXs. Unfortunately, as far as customs and import taxes are concerned, not even he can tell me what I risk with a purchase from the USA.
Ok, I'll have to wait to see if any dealer nearby can get the AT-6666Pro.
Greetings and many thanks for those who read my message
P.S.: I had the CRT9900V4 and the Anytone AT-5555N II (1st long version)
P.P.S: Sorry for my not good English

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m