• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone At-6666 Pro

Note that PIN 2 "EXT.AF" is RX audio available on the front mic socket - this is selectable in the "VOL.PATH" menu.

This allows for a single cable connection to the radio for things like a full TX/RX headset, wireless/bluetooth accessory, or a data interface for digital modes (FT8, SSTV, VARA, etc)

VOLPATH.png

Last edited:
Note that PIN 2 "EXT.AF" is RX audio available on the front mic socket - this is selectable in the "VOL.PATH" menu.

This allows for a single cable connection to the radio for things like a full TX/RX headset, wireless/bluetooth accessory, or a data interface for digital modes (FT8, SSTV, VARA, etc)

View attachment 69628

The old lincoln II+ also has receive audio on the mic socket, no volume adjustment in the menu but it works with the uniden bearcat wireless mic.

Reactions: Pez and Eldorado828
Installed mine yesterday as a mobile impressed so far RX seems better than my original at-6666 and my N2 . I am running NRC, ANL,NB, and Hi-Cut little background noise with squelch wide open good sound from factory speak. I was able to make a 30 mile contact to a tower with skip rolling in with only a 52" antenna. So far impressed.

I experimented some more today the receive is definitely better on the q6 pro vs the N2. I had both NRC on 3 I did experiment changing them the q6 pro did a better job at filtering out the background noise. Later in the evening the bad seemed dead I was receiving a weak signal on 38LSB w/ q6pro I could understand them, but not on the N2. Test was not exactly equal, q6 pro w/ browning BR140 lower in driveway close to house , N2 top of driveway with Sirio P2000. Both are mobile rigs w/ roof mount antenna. P2000 base is about 5' higher than base of Br140. Q6pro had a big disadvantage but had better receive.

I experimented some more today the receive is definitely better on the q6 pro vs the N2. I had both NRC on 3 I did experiment changing them the q6 pro did a better job at filtering out the background noise. Later in the evening the bad seemed dead I was receiving a weak signal on 38LSB w/ q6pro I could understand them, but not on the N2. Test was not exactly equal, q6 pro w/ browning BR140 lower in driveway close to house , N2 top of driveway with Sirio P2000. Both are mobile rigs w/ roof mount antenna. P2000 base is about 5' higher than base of Br140. Q6pro had a big disadvantage but had better receive.
That is not a valid test. It must be equal in every way.

That is not a valid test. It must be equal in every way.
I should have noted not a valid test just observation. I do not own the right test equipment to do a valid test. A comparison with the same antenna would better I may do that in the future.

Reactions: c64new
I should have noted not a valid test just observation. I do not own the right test equipment to do a valid test. A comparison with the same antenna would better I may do that in the future.
For me the test is valid: the 6666Pro, despite being disadvantaged, has surpassed another RTX and that's enough for me. After all, the 6666Pro being the top model, it's also normal that it surpasses its competitors positioned lower in terms of cost and features.
Thanks jr26!

For me the test is valid: the 6666Pro, despite being disadvantaged, has surpassed another RTX and that's enough for me. After all, the 6666Pro being the top model, it's also normal that it surpasses its competitors positioned lower in terms of cost and features.
Thanks jr26!
It is not a valid test, when the setups are not the same. The antennas and locations were not the same. That is the minimum criteria.

It is not a valid test, when the setups are not the same. The antennas and locations were not the same. That is the minimum criteria.
All the minimal consistent tests you want but a model declared superior by the company that builds them both will almost certainly surpass the inferior model.
These are things decided at the design stage, the user-buyer can do little. You may not like it but this is the reality and the law of commerce.

AT-6666 Pro Mic wiring info:

Totally different than AT-6666 mic wiring

6 pin Mic connector - only 4 wires needed

pin 1 = Audio (White wire stock mic)
pin 2 = N/C
pin 3 = TX (Red wire stock mic)
pin 4 = PF/UP/DN buttons (Blue wire stock mic)
pin 5 = Audio Shield & Circuit ground (Bare copper stock mic)
pin 6 = N/C (no voltage measured RX/TX)

PF Button = pin 4 > 33k resistor >PF switch > ground
UP Button = pin 4 > 15K 1% resistor > UP Switch > ground
DN Button = pin 4 > 8.2K resistor > DN switch > ground

PTT = Pin 3 > Mic Key switch > ground

Pin 3 & 4 (TX & Channels) have a .01uF capacitor to ground
Pin 1 (Audio) has a .47uF capacitor to ground

Qixiang finally got smart and moved the Ch buttons off of the TX line. No more Ch/Freq change when you key/unkey the radio.

73's
Dr_DX
Update.

There is +8v on pin 6 for RX/TX. I don't know why I couldn't measure it earlier.

I repurposed the stock Blue wire on my favorite NC power mic (RS 21-175) and ran the +8v through a 1N4001 to drop it down to 7.3v and eliminated the 7v battery.

Haven't tried wiring up a speaker mic for it yet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.