• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone At-6666 Pro

Update.

There is +8v on pin 6 for RX/TX. I don't know why I couldn't measure it earlier.

I repurposed the stock Blue wire on my favorite NC power mic (RS 21-175) and ran the +8v through a 1N4001 to drop it down to 7.3v and eliminated the 7v battery.

Haven't tried wiring up a speaker mic for it yet.
Very good! That's what I'll do to eliminate the battery of the preamplified microphone. And with the power supply on pin 6 it will also be possible to put a bluetooth microphone receiver. The Anytone AT-6666Pro will arrive in a few hours, I'm very happy (I also had the previous AT-6666, the President Lincoln II+ and the AT-5555N II)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
All the minimal consistent tests you want but a model declared superior by the company that builds them both will almost certainly surpass the inferior model.
These are things decided at the design stage, the user-buyer can do little. You may not like it but this is the reality and the law of commerce.
Yeah... what he said.

Even if RX and Tx was equal between N2 and Q6 pro I like the q6 better as mobile due to the fact I can see the display in daylight. Don't get me wrong N2 is a great radio and the difference in receive is almost negatable unless you are listening for very weak signals for some reason. I get great reports back on both for Tx being its mobile it would be hard for me to run them side by side same antenna. That would be a better shack test

I'm still waiting to hear that someone used a President BT Mike on the Anytone Q6-Pro with success before I jump in the Muck & Mire ! I'm feeling Radio Poor !

Reactions: c64new
A quick first impression: I currently have a Lincoln 2+, original 6666, & IC7300 radios to compare this radio to. The receiver and noise reduction seems very slightly better than my IC7300 with the "best" settings in both radios. The noise reduction seems to work better if the RF gain is turned down until the S meter reads S1or2 noise floor. The noise blanker is very effective.

Being able to see the clarifier position is nice! The PF button on the mic being programmable is awesome! This radio I have puts out 100 watts PEP on the same meter that my IC 7300 puts out 85 watts PEP on. My current settings are mic gain: 32, NR: 3. I wish the encoder had a better feel to it, this one still feels cheap like the original 6666. Overall this is a good improvement over the Lincoln 2+ and original 6666.

AT-6666 Pro Mic wiring info:

Totally different than AT-6666 mic wiring

6 pin Mic connector - only 4 wires needed

pin 1 = Audio (White wire stock mic)
pin 2 = N/C
pin 3 = TX (Red wire stock mic)
pin 4 = PF/UP/DN buttons (Blue wire stock mic)
pin 5 = Audio Shield & Circuit ground (Bare copper stock mic)
pin 6 = N/C (no voltage measured RX/TX)

PF Button = pin 4 > 33k resistor >PF switch > ground
UP Button = pin 4 > 15K 1% resistor > UP Switch > ground
DN Button = pin 4 > 8.2K resistor > DN switch > ground

PTT = Pin 3 > Mic Key switch > ground

Pin 3 & 4 (TX & Channels) have a .01uF capacitor to ground
Pin 1 (Audio) has a .47uF capacitor to ground

Qixiang finally got smart and moved the Ch buttons off of the TX line. No more Ch/Freq change when you key/unkey the radio.

AT-6666 Pro Mic wiring info:

Totally different than AT-6666 mic wiring

6 pin Mic connector - only 4 wires needed

pin 1 = Audio (White wire stock mic)
pin 2 = N/C
pin 3 = TX (Red wire stock mic)
pin 4 = PF/UP/DN buttons (Blue wire stock mic)
pin 5 = Audio Shield & Circuit ground (Bare copper stock mic)
pin 6 = N/C (no voltage measured RX/TX)

PF Button = pin 4 > 33k resistor >PF switch > ground
UP Button = pin 4 > 15K 1% resistor > UP Switch > ground
DN Button = pin 4 > 8.2K resistor > DN switch > ground

PTT = Pin 3 > Mic Key switch > ground

Pin 3 & 4 (TX & Channels) have a .01uF capacitor to ground
Pin 1 (Audio) has a .47uF capacitor to ground

Qixiang finally got smart and moved the Ch buttons off of the TX line. No more Ch/Freq change when you key/unkey the radio.

73's
Dr_DX
I followed that wiring to the letter with the same caps and resistors and no up/down or PF operates with added buttons

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.