• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone At-6666 Pro

In my experience as a user of the rt1 I've personally not had any fail but here on the forum others have had multiple failures with them. The web is also loaded with the stories and although you can't believe it all, it leaves a thought in one's mind. Now in my own use, I don't hot rod my radios or abuse them and have taken more caution with rt1 radios because in the back of my mind the magic smoke fear is there.

You guys are techs, I am just an Elmer here, you seeing them daily would know best.

So in the many not so good experience of others I would ask you techs, excluding high swr instances, what do you think people are doing wrong to make them pop to give the bad rep?
Now after giving it some thought, the failed RT1's were all"truckerized".

Reactions: Eldorado828
On the Anytone.net website, it says the AT-6666 Pro will be launched in market in July.

View attachment 69036

Will it'll be just in time for the fall dx to get lively. I'm waiting for the second run before I buy one so the time will be perfect.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
3K/4K SSB audio--4K default
I will change mine to 3K. Does this effect AM too, or is AM 8K wide total?

Echo is now adjustable from the menu. I don't use it, but I am sure some people will like the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enterprise312ok
I like the performance and specs but the face is just to "Hammy" for me. I will just wait for them to roll all these features into the next Dx-10 Alnico.

• Haha
Reactions: BC Coyote
Not enough chrome for you ?
I like black radios too, I find the interface difficult to use on the 6666, especially mobile. I guess it wouldn't matter if I just rode 19 but I like to shoot a little dx around the 27.555 and change modes bands and frequencies to track down locals.
I especially don't like to press a button to cycle through the modes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    C'mon let me take you on a Sea Cruise! (Maybe there is someone to talk to out there?)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Bueller?