• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Anytone At-6666 Pro

Both of my 6666's are at 90+ watts PEP. They have a small fan on them and went from getting uncomfortable to the touch after 15 minutes to being barely warm after several hours. A little air movement makes a huge difference. Hopefully the optional fan kit is for real.
I agree, I put a fan behind and pointing at it when I ran it base. I've see a few nasty looking hack jobs where guys put fans on theirs so hopefully a fan kit is available.

I'll try to find that video and hope it to be true. One could probably drill and tap some threads to install one that looks good but that a job.
My bad, not Simon, it was on Delboys Radio blog.

Jeff

Reactions: Eldorado828
Well that's great but hopefully they offer it for the q6 pro as well.
I am thinking that they are going to share the same heatsink design.
It would be nice to have a compact mounted fan , I have one mounted below the radio that blows upward on my 9900 heatsink but it's bodged in there.

Jeff

Last edited:
I am thinking that they are going to share the same heatsink design.
It would be nice to have a compact mounted fan , I have one mounted below the radio that blows upward on my 9999 heatsink but it's bodged in there.

Jeff
Similar but not the same. The quad 6 is much narrower (side to side) with the Washington being wider but shorter (face to heatsink). The anytone shows to be the same heatsink as the current uses and the Washington shows to share the same rear end as the president richard.
Top is Washington bottom q6 pro
20240618_173933.jpg20240618_173511.jpg
Regardless, a fan for the quad 6 would be received well.

Similar but not the same. The quad 6 is much narrower (side to side) with the Washington being wider but shorter (face to heatsink). The anytone shows to be the same heatsink as the current uses and the Washington shows to share the same rear end as the president richard.
Top is Washington bottom q6 pro
View attachment 69246View attachment 69247
Regardless, a fan for the quad 6 would be received well.
The Q6P is the same heatsink as Q6.

Reactions: Rwb and Pez
Heat is always a factor on smaller chassis radios like these. However, failures of the original AT-6666 due to heat are not common despite the "it gets hot" comments you see (they can handle the heat!).

FYI, here is a nice aftermarket fan kit (video from facebook):

Attachments

• 441310743_948545653404754_1314561171773592825_n.mp4
    4.7 MB
Last edited:
The Washington is different, I thought that they might use the same heatsink, but nope.

President has a history of premium $$$$ for new radios, the Washington name should be top tier in their eyes.

Jeff

Reactions: Rwb
Heat is always a factor on smaller chassis radios like these. However, failures of the original AT-6666 due to heat are not common despite the "it gets hot" comments you see (they can handle the heat!).

FYI, here is a nice aftermarket fan kit (video from facebook):
That's a nice one, why aren't those more readily available! I'd buy one.

Reactions: Rwb and Pez

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.