• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone At-6666 Pro

FYI, the AT-6666PRO can be set to remember the mode and other user settings, per individual channel. For example, if CH 38 is always LSB, CH 06 is always AM, and 27.555 is always USB, the radio can automatically change the mode for you, when you arrive back those channels. (Use the PUBLIC (PD) setting). See the user manual.

No mode scrolling / button cycle required.

FYI, the AT-6666PRO can be set to remember the mode and other user settings, per individual channel. For example, if CH 38 is always LSB, CH 06 is always AM, and 27.555 is always USB, the radio can automatically change the mode for you, when you arrive back those channels. (Use the PUBLIC (PD) setting). See the user manual.

No mode scrolling / button cycle required.
That would make the scan function more useful too

I like black radios too, I find the interface difficult to use on the 6666, especially mobile. I guess it wouldn't matter if I just rode 19 but I like to shoot a little dx around the 27.555 and change modes bands and frequencies to track down locals.
I especially don't like to press a button to cycle through the modes.
It's a matter of getting used to it I guess. I use mine mobile and I know it pretty well but I've also had them for several years.

Reactions: BC Coyote
He isn't telling what changes he made in service mode. But the radio will do 100W PEP on 11m without touching anything. His radio in the video, shows the 10m SSB segment.
Yep that's right. Mike's style is always to go for the cleanest waveform possible. His work makes an already clean radio, even cleaner (which will then sometimes show a couple of watts less on SSB, than the factory alignment will).

It's a matter of getting used to it I guess. I use mine mobile and I know it pretty well but I've also had them for several years.
I think getting used to it should have happened decades ago, when manufacturers of real radios, stopped using mechanical mode switches. The toy radio makers seemed to linger onto old practices.

That's my guess, but dunno. The power out seems to be more than what the IRFZ24 can make though, so I'm not sure. I did the swap to IRFZ24 in the 5555N2 and I don't see 100W PEP. It has a similar PA configuration to the 6666's and see 80-85 PEP out. Would need to see what it looks like on a spec an.
To end the speculation, the magic PA devices are all IRF520's, 1x1x2. 104W PEP on SSB, Hmmmm...

I've used the current q6 for about 6 years now and since early on I have always been conscious of the heat it generates. They get hot, and although I've never had a failure I still keep that in mind when running them.

I couldn't help but wonder about this new one and with more power so I talked to Mike Scott about it. He said his test sample does get really hot so I'm curious what the long term will be like on them. I never really have liked the type of heatsink chassis they use with it or the 447hpc2, it traps a lot of heat but neither have failed for me.

I'm willing to bet its president Washington relative will be warm too but with a completely different heatsink style.

This post isn't worth much, just sharing thoughts I've had in waiting for the animal.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    C'mon let me take you on a Sea Cruise! (Maybe there is someone to talk to out there?)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Bueller?