• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone At-6666 Pro

BC, it is not just an upgraded 6666. It just LOOKS like the 6666. I have both here and the two are NOTHING alike internally. The 6666 Pro is a design that is far above and beyond that of the AT-6666. I also believe it will be affordable, Let's see what it will take to get one to CA, before killing the dreams of the folks north of us here in the US.
You having one that's a prerelease models, have you found any quirks or issues?
I bought the first released 5555N2 only for them to release a revised version a month or so later with a coupleof additional features. I'm trying not to make the same mistake again so I've told myself I'd wait a little while before buying one.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I bought the first released 5555N2 only for them to release a revised version a month or so later with a coupleof additional features. I'm trying not to make the same mistake again so I've told myself I'd wait a little while before buying one.
The issues I found, were pertaining to CW mode only. I reiterate, *IF* any issues are found, they are most likely addressable in firmware, which can be updated by the end user, when updates become available. Fortunately, for the users here, there are several testers that can generate feedback to Qixiang.

828, it's a tiny monster. Have no fear.

SL

The Qixiang new radios are RCI killers.
That is a fact. Although the Ares 2 would have killed Galaxy a little better if it could have bigger audio. The 6 Pro is about $100 less than a Stryker 955 and Washington and about the same price as a Lincoln 2+ and Galaxy 959, it's obvious that Anytone has quit pulling punches....

Reactions: Eldorado828
I second the rci killers, no bout a doubt it!!

These new qixiang rigs really do make all my ranger built rigs obsolete in all my intended purposes.

Q6 in the commuter, 447hpc2 in the big rig and mainly used the q5n2 or 7900v turbo as the base. Using all my qixiang rigs while the ranger, connex, galaxy, mirage radios all sit in a box. That says something.

But some of those not used sure look nice.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Can you share about the CW issues?
Many many exports fail on this front and it would be nice to see a real all mode that works properly on CW.

Jeff
This pre-production sample does not work properly on CW. I'm not going to elaborate on this, as they (Qixiang) are aware and may have fixed it. Also, there is no key jack.

That is a fact. Although the Ares 2 would have killed Galaxy a little better if it could have bigger audio. The 6 Pro is about $100 less than a Stryker 955 and Washington and about the same price as a Lincoln 2+ and Galaxy 959, it's obvious that Anytone has quit pulling punches....
Stryker is a wannabe, with the add on DC-DC boost converter. The market now needs to make way for Godzilla (AT-6666 Pro)!

Sidenote: My CB handle in 1972 when I first got on as a kid, was GODZILLA! I'll be referring to the Q6P as Godzilla going forward!

Last edited:
FYI, there has been over 18 months of detailed testing and multiple hardware and firmware revisions done on the PRO. No other radio of this kind has had so much pre-production testing time and engineering effort put in (it's been a huge project). When you get a PRO, you are not the guinea pig. Just as @SuperLid has said, there will be firmware updates along the way (with the newly added CW mode getting some additional capability it needs, as the only item to note).

The PRO is a beast, and a big step forward in all areas. Straight out of the box you will be impressed, I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
FYI, there has been over 18 months of detailed testing and multiple hardware and firmware revisions done on the PRO. No other radio of this kind has had so much pre-production testing time and engineering effort put in (it's been a huge project). When you get a PRO, you are not the guinea pig. Just as @SuperLid has said, there will be firmware updates along the way (with the newly added CW mode getting some additional capability it needs, as the only item to note).

The PRO is a beast, and a big step forward in all areas. Straight out of the box you will be impressed, I'm sure of it.
There has not been a radio of it's kind. EVER! This is the game changer for all 10m radios, that will essentially make or break the competitor's products. I can see Uniden having the ingenuity to do it, but not the desire. RCI on the other hand, is going to have a rough time playing catch up with this one. The bar has been set.

SL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.