• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best ten meter ssb radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the Yaesu ft-450d also, it has variable power and 6 meter.
I love my FT450D. MY Optima was a grand rig but I sold it, the RCI2970n4 was ok but was what is was. FT450D, and Sirio 5000 trucker on Breadlove 4in. mount or with my 102 whip work very well. I would say to anyone FT450D is the best rig I have had. I did a set up with my 11 meter delta loop (full wave) yesterdat after noon, and had a grand time Australia was open to me for almost 4 hours. I had 21 contacts at 50w usb, and some lsb. I know its going to be hit or miss for sometime to come but the FT450D is a grand rig. Buy one if you can.

Last edited:
The new FT991A looks promising as well. I have heard a few guys on the FT450D, and they sound good! This is on 11m SSB, none the less they do have good audio.

Wow mudduck! Here in Brisbane AU heard nothing but static on 11m for months now!.

With conditions continuing to decline for the next 4 or 5 years I agree you would be better off saving your money and getting a HF rig.

Reactions: Bearcat
An ft 1200 just sold for under $700 on flebay. There's another with a few hours left and is currently under $700. I purchased my ft 950 for $580. Everyone responding with advice to stay away from "10" meter transceivers is spreading the gospel. I wish I'd known then what I know now. So many newbies wast money on junk only to come to the realization that a good used hf will out perform any mono bander black box cb radio. I don't have my ticket but enjoy using my yaesu as a ham radio receiver. And if I ever decide to get my ticket I'm ready to roll. Not to mention that most of them are easily mars modified. 73

most of it sounded like local talk and would roll in real good and id grab on. I was at almost 5000ft. and was getting the best dx with the bambi ( full wave loop) 30ft up

I have been working some dx on ten, it has slowed down a lot but it is still there if you run through the band during the day.
It has favored mexico/central america last few days from here.

Jeff

Reactions: darthanubis
I have been working some dx on ten, it has slowed down a lot but it is still there if you run through the band during the day.
It has favored mexico/central america last few days from here.

Jeff
Sure there is some dx still.But conditions will continue to decline for the next 4 years or so.So unless you have a very active local group 10m only rig might not be a good investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.