• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Walcott CB shop Davenport Iowa

He's posting pictures and videos of other peoples accomplishments again. Has mark ripped you off so bad that you have to post this to justify the money you've wasted on his magic coax?

You don't care about any opinion that you don't want to believe. Everytime someone questions how or why Mark is doing something you post more of his videos, post something you found on google, tell us how far his customers can talk or run and hide. You're too ignorant to hold up your end of the debate and too insecure to admit you bought the snake oil. If you want to learn why not pick up some books and learn something from someone that isn't running a CB shop. You need books because your Internet BS filter is wired up backwards.
Actually opinions mean absolutely nothing to anybody. The only thing that really matters are facts. something that you are unwilling to share with people who were asking your advice but you failed to provide anything useful.

I care about opinions that are relevant or that matter to a particular subject. But when someone tries to say you can take ten identical radios to 10 different technicians and they twist screws 10 different ways and then all 10 radios will perform in an identical manner after 10 different butcher jobs obviously that person doesn't have a clue about how things work. The guy that wrote this article I respect his opinions because they are based upon sound scientific fact.
http://www.nu9n.com/news_october_2005.html

OK that makes sense. It's just that when blanket statements are made without stating what they pertain to it is hard to tell what context it should be taken in.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Actually opinions mean absolutely nothing to anybody. The only thing that really matters are facts. something that you are unwilling to share with people who were asking your advice but you failed to provide anything useful.

You have no facts other than "mark said" and "I can talk this far". You leave out important bits of info about power and antennas...manipulating the facts is worse than an honest opinion.

I don't mind giving advice or helping anyone that is willing to listen. If they want to argue that just means they didn't need my help to begin with. There are certain things I will not share publicly because people that are too lazy to put the time in will use it to turn a profit and convince a bunch of truckers they are knowledgeable. I'll teach someone to fish if they want to learn...but not you. People get too caught up in the smoke and mirrors and refuse to believe simple truths .

You have no facts other than "mark said" and "I can talk this far". You leave out important bits of info about power and antennas...manipulating the facts is worse than an honest opinion.

I don't mind giving advice or helping anyone that is willing to listen. If they want to argue that just means they didn't need my help to begin with. There are certain things I will not share publicly because people that are too lazy to put the time in will use it to turn a profit and convince a bunch of truckers they are knowledgeable. I'll teach someone to fish if they want to learn...but not you. People get too caught up in the smoke and mirrors and refuse to believe simple truths .
Here is a simple truth you refuse to acknowledge and share with people.
This is a fact
1471228867768_zps7gjjahuv.jpg

Another fact you refuse to acknowledge is that it is impossible to visualize the negative peaks of a waveform how close they are to each other with a meter. Considering 95% of every radio technician in the country only uses a meter of some sort means they are going in completely blind unable to see what they are doing and unable to get consistent results.

It's just a CB radio, not the moon Rover for God's sake man it's not you need to communicate back to the mother ship or something.

It's just a CB radio, not the moon Rover for God's sake man it's not you need to communicate back to the mother ship or something.
That's kind of like saying because my personal vehicle is not a spacecraft built by NASA that I should be able to set the timing by ear. There's 360 degrees in a rotation and magically picking the right degree without a timing light is impossible.

Here is a simple truth you refuse to acknowledge and share with people.
This is a fact
1471228867768_zps7gjjahuv.jpg

Another fact you refuse to acknowledge is that it is impossible to visualize the negative peaks of a waveform how close they are to each other with a meter. Considering 95% of every radio technician in the country only uses a meter of some sort means they are going in completely blind unable to see what they are doing and unable to get consistent results.

More of your fabricated reality. I own and use an oscilloscope.The scope pickup is built into my final amplifier. There is also a bird line section mounted to said amplifier. I also use an REA modulation monitor to monitor my transmitter. No pinched carrier and I make sure every stage of amplification is linear. Every piece of equipment cruises along at half throttle and barely gets warm.

There is a LPF behind my radio and behind my driver...he'll the driver even has a built in output filtering. No filter after the tube amplifier though because a pi network is pretty effective in a decent amplifier. I've mentioned this in the past here and other forums. Somehow that's led you to believe that I'm a fan of dirty radios.

When have I ever said you don't need test equipment to "visualize negative peaks of a waveform"??? Why would I run my station the way I do if I believed that?

If you've been paying attention you would know I'm the guy that runs a 2879 at 60 pep to keep IMD as low as possible....before you argue look at the datasheet because I don't care what you think you know. Most people don't like the way I do things because they want cheap watts and magic pixie dust .

That's kind of like saying because my personal vehicle is not a spacecraft built by NASA that I should be able to set the timing by ear. There's 360 degrees in a rotation and magically picking the right degree without a timing light is impossible.
There are several NHRA drag racing crew chief's who can and do in fact time their engines by ear

Reactions: 2RT307
CB radio is a rather simple concept. Buy a radio from a reputable CB shop, have said shop tune and align said radio and enjoy. As long as the buyer is happy that's all there is to it. Nothing more nothing less.

CB radio is a rather simple concept. Buy a radio from a reputable CB shop, have said shop tune and align said radio and enjoy. As long as the buyer is happy that's all there is to it. Nothing more nothing less.

Not unless they tune it with an oscilloscope! And know how to use it! And can talk 130 miles barefoot with it! Er, I mean with a 1.5 kw amp and a 5 element beam!

Going back to sleep now...
Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.